Compressors for Nuclear Power Plants - Energy - Nuclear Power
Although they belong to the group of steam power plants, nuclear power plants are mentioned here separately as they obtain the energy they need to heat steam through splitting atoms rather than through burning fossil fuels.
What are Sauer Compressors used for?
- Starting air for emergency power for the diesel engines
- Cooling the turbines using hydrogen
- Cooling the reactor core using hydrogen
Who are Sauer Compressors’ customers?
- Power-plant operators
- Diesel-engine manufacturers
- Engineering offices
Which Sauer product ranges are used?
- Product ranges: MISTRAL, PASSAT, TORNADO, HURRICANE
- Variants: Basic, ComDry, BasSeal, ComSeal
- Volumetric flow: 10–265 m³/hr
- Pressure range: 30–250 bar (g)
- Medium: Air, hydrogen