Filter for Oil Refining - Naptha Hydrotreater - Oil, Gas & Refineries - Refineries
PROCESS INFORMATION: The Naptha Hydrotreater prepares feedstock for downstream reforming or isomerization. The naphtha feed is mixed with hydrogen rich recycle gas. The mixed feed is then heated and then fed to the reactor, which contains a cobalt-molybdenum or nickel-molybdenum catalyst to convert contaminants such as sulphur, nitrogen, oxygenates and halides to hydrogen sulphide, ammonia, water and hydrogen halides. These can then be removed from the hydrocarbon stream.
The reactor effluent is cooled and then wash water is directly injected downstream before it goes to a products condenser / 3 Phase product separator.
The gas from the 3 Phase product separator is recycled back to the reactor.
The hydrotreated naphtha from the 3 Phase separator is fed to a stabilizer stripping column to remove hydrogen sulphide, water and light ends before being fed to storage. Sour water (with ammonia, hydrogen chloride and hydrogen sulphide) is removed from the boot of a 2 Phase separator for further processing.
PROBLEMS TO SOLVE
- Prevent droplet carry over from the 3 Phase Separator
- Separate 2 liquid phases in the 3 Phase Separator
- Prevent droplet carry over from the gas re-cycle flow gas-liquid separator
- Separate sour water and droplets from the LT Ends feed gas in the 3 phase separator downstream from the Stabilizer
- Separate 2 liquid phases from the 2 Phase Liquid-Liquid Separator upstream of the Naptha storage.
- ‘Becovane’ Double Pocket Vane or Rectangular ‘Becoil’ Demister with mesh style / specification appropriate to the duty.
- ‘Becophase’ 3-Phase Separator Vessel, or ‘Becophase’ Co-Knitted Coalescer mesh pack for vessel bottom section.
- ‘Becovane’ STV or DPV type Chevron Vane or Circular ‘Becoil’ Demister with mesh style / specification appropriate to the duty.
- ‘Becophase’ 3-Phase Separator Vessel, with ‘Becovane’ Double Pocket Vane or Rectangular ‘Becoil’ Demister and ‘Becophase’ Co-Knitted Coalescer mesh pack.
- ‘Becophase’ 2-Phase Liquid-Liquid Separator Vessel, or ‘Becophase’ Co-Knitted Coalescer mesh pack for vessel.