Gas Cleaning Packages For Renewable Energy - Energy - Renewable Energy
ERG has significant experience of providing gas cleaning packages for syngas and biogas treatment. ERG’s purpose-designed scrubbing systems are engineered to suit each application and client’s requirements and are supplied with a process guarantee. We have reference plants in the UK and Middle East treating the syngas and biogas from a variety of gasification and anaerobic digestion processes.
ERG’s gas cleaning packages are typically installed upstream of the gas fan/compressor or gas engine. In many cases, a skid-mounted scrubber package is required, though ERG can also arrange site installation and commissioning.
Our experience includes treating:
- Syngas from gasification of wood, sewage sludge, municipal waste
- Biogas from digestion of municipal waste, sewage sludge
We can handle gases rich in CO, CH4, H2, gaseous alkanes, alkenes, aromatics, etc and contaminated with:
- Acid gases – H2S, HCN, HCl, etc
- Basic gases – NH3
- Tars – C8 to C20 for example
- Ash and other particulates
Download our case studies to read further.
Our gas cleaning systems are based on one or more of the following technologies. Each package is bespoke: designed and manufactured to the specific project requirements.
- Quench vessels – to adiabatically cool the gas before scrubbing the contaminants
- V-tex® scrubbers – for acid and basic soluble contaminants gas cleaning where clogging with tars is a potential problem
- Packed tower scrubbers – for acid and basic soluble contaminants gas cleaning where clogging with tars is not a potential problem, also for sub-cooling to reduce the gas water content
- Scrubbers using suitable oils or solvents – tar removal if required
ERG’s design and project management teams are highly experienced at delivering packaged plant which meets our clients’ high standards and precise specifications.
- All design and procurement is managed according to our ISO9001 procedures
- All manufacturing and assembly is to the agreed codes and project specifications, managed through and certified against the project Quality and Inspection & Test Plans
- All equipment is fully certified and documented in accordance with applicable European Standards, and CE marked accordingly
- Vessels can be supplied to BS EN 13121, PD 5500 or ASME VIII as appropriate, and packages CE marked to the Pressure Equipment (2014/68/EU) and ATEX (2014/34/EU) Directives depending on the specification requirements
- Full materials traceability can be provided to include BS EN 1024 2.2 or 3.1B certification
Every ERG package has materials selected to match the specification. All systems are mechanically designed for the operating and design pressures (from FV to +10barg) and temperatures (ambient upwards to suit the process). Common materials selections are listed below, though alternatives are available to suit the process requirements.
ERG is a specialised gas cleaning supplier. Our typical scope includes:
- Concept Design and FEED contracts to establish how to meet the project requirements and fix a capital budget
- Project management including customer design reviews, progress reporting, equipment interface agreement, programme management, site activities co-ordination, documentation packages
- Process design and technical submission – heat & mass balance, P&ID, control philosophy, technical schedules
- Detailed mechanical and electrical design – model and/or package General Arrangement drawings, civils requirements, site wiring details, interface details, off-loading and installation details
- Sub-supplier procurement, quality assurance and expediting – vessels, pipework & valves, pumps, heat exchangers, instrumentation, control panels or local JBs, access steelwork, and package effluent treatment if required
- Package assembly including full pipework and wiring, factory testing, certification
- Installation and commissioning are also available if required – phone support during this phase can be arranged if preferred
- Plastic and GRP vessels are manufactured by ERG’s sister company ERG Plastic Fabrication and skid assembly and testing are managed at ERG PF’s facility in West Sussex.
Our standard (12 months) or extended warranty guarantees the mechanical and electrical parts against defects.
And our Maintenance department can assist with routine, shut-down or emergency maintenance.
ERG’s customers include: Advanced Plasma Power (Go Green Fuels), Keppel Seghers, Thames Water (via Eight2O), Yorkshire Water (via Intervate), Refgas, O-Gen, BioMass CHP