Hydrogen Production and Distribution Equipment for Industry - Manufacturing, Other
Hydrogen is widely used for its flexibility, its multi-sector applications and its energy efficiency. It is a strategic technology for the attractiveness and competitiveness of industrial enterprises. By replacing current carbon-intensive energies with low-carbon hydrogen produced by electrolysis using renewable energy sources, industrial enterprises are entering into a new low-carbon era.
Welcome to the industry of the future!
Used in industry for hundreds of years, hydrogen has seen its use increase in the following sectors:
- Chemistry (refining, methanol, synthesis of ammonium hydroxide)
- Food-processing (oil production)
- Jewelry (cutting, brazing)
- Glass-making (optical fibers, flat glass)
- Electronic components (fused quartz)
- Metalworking (cutting, welding, brazing, sintering)
- Energy (cooling generators in thermal power stations)
Globally, industrial chemical and refining applications consume 85 million tonnes of hydrogen per year*. Almost all of this volume is produced from fossil fuels and manufacturing processes which are admittedly emitting ten kilos of CO2 per kilo of hydrogen produced.
McPhy provides manufacturers with low-carbon hydrogen to conciliate the challenges in terms of productivity, competitiveness and social responsibility
The low-carbon hydrogen produced from the electrolysis of water and renewable electricity offers manufacturers the possibility to create new forms of value: the decarbonization of their procedures, the creation of new processes and new markets, or the re-purposing of their polluting discharges.
Alternative solutions to on-site production consist in delivering hydrogen to the site in liquid or gaseous form. These supply logistics require frequent deliveries which are complex to manage and generate a high carbon footprint as well as significant costs. McPhy offers to replace this logistical challenge with integrated on-site hydrogen production solutions.
By producing low-carbon hydrogen on site, on demand, and according to their specifications (quantities, pureness), manufacturers are able to ensure the following:
- Security of supply and energy independence (elimination of logistics restrictions)
- Better control over costs
- Reliability and continuity of service
- Low-carbon hydrogen which dramatically reduces their CO2 footprint
- Production in the safest conditions
McPhy is amongst the leaders in alkaline electrolysis, making it a forerunner in the industrial hydrogen market. In 2013, the Group installed an electrolyzer capable of powering the industrial processes of an Audi manufacturing site in Werlte, Germany.
Since then, McPhy has achieved fundamental commercial and technological milestones for preparing the way ahead, notably through its January 2020 appointment to supply the equipment for the Djewels project, the largest low-carbon hydrogen production site in Europe, boasting a capacity of 20 MW (3,000 tonnes of hydrogen per year).
With 193 MW of high-power electrolysis as references*, McPhy is truly a key player in the industrial hydrogen sector (ref. January 25, 2023).
The production of industrial hydrogen on-site, on demand, according to your specifications
Specialists in alkaline electrolysis, the most approved energy production technology on the market, and with the lowest CO2 emissions, McPhy offers solid technological expertise.
McPhy offers the widest range of electrolyzers on the market. Our electrolyzers have been approved and selected by numerous industrial maintenance companies and/or gas management companies. They can easily be integrated into industrial systems whatever their size or sector of activity.
- Generators of 0.4 to 800 Nm3/h as standard
- Augmented McLyzer range for the 20 and 100 MW models and beyond
- Various range of pressures: from 1 to 30 bar
- For light applications (Piel) or continuous applications (McLyzer)