Rudges Hill is a converted farm house in rural Oxfordshire undergoing renovation and extension. The owners were keen to reduce the future running costs of heating the house, producing hot water and heating the outdoor pool. Isoenergy installed a 34kW CTC ground source heat pump system with energy collected from 2,400 meters of horizontal collector array in a nearby field. The system is supported by a 20kW ground-mounted solar photovoltaic system located in another field to the rear of the house.
Ground Source Heat Pumps Rudges Hill Case Study
- 34kW CTC ground source heat pump system
- 2,400m horizontal collector array
- 800 litre domestic hot water tank
- 300 litre heating buffer tank
- 20kW ground-mounted solar photovoltaic system