Convault Fuel Supply System
Bergelectric Corporation, a nationally recognized electrical contractor, recently finished on-site construction of the “mission critical” electric power emergency/backup generation system for the new $700-million California Health Care Facility in Stockton, CA.
Bergelectric, responsible for feeding power to the 144-acre site, supplied the core support facilities that serve as the backbone of operations. One of the most significant aspects of Berg’s role on CHCF-Stockton was the integration of normal and emergency power.
Oldcastle Precast supplied the specialized fuel storage system that feeds the 2 MegaWatt Caterpillar generators for emergency power.
Oldcastle Precast/ConVault sales team collaborated with customer/partner, Rich Hamilton, Special Projects Manager for Donlee Pump Co. and Berg’s Dan Winkels, project engineer for this project. The team designed and constructed a custom, sitespecific fuel supply system to feed six - 2 MegaWatt Caterpillar generators.
The fuel supply system includes one 2,000 gallon ConVault day-tank which was supplied by four large 10,000 gallon ConVault auxiliary storage tanks.
The 5-tank array is fully monitored and auto-managed to provide re-circulation of fuel product and re-fueling of the day-tank “on demand”.
Rounding out the comprehensive system design is a unique fuel filtration system, using a Velcon 60 GPM aircraft style filter module and differential pressure gauging/compensating systems, to ensure fuel quality and purity.
Emergency Backup Power System
Scope of Work
Oldcastle Precast provided:
- 1 – 2,000 gallon ConVault Protected Fuel Storage Tanks (for genset day-tank)
- 4 – 10,000 gallon ConVault Protected Fuel Storage Tanks (main fuel storage)
All tanks systems are UL 2085 Listed per NFPA requirements, including fire, ballistic, vehicle impact and explosion protection.
Donlee Pump Co. provided and field installed all tanks, piping and equipment.
- ConVault meets uniform fire codes.
- Inspection for leaks is visual, which eliminates very expensive monitoring equipment needed to detect leaks underground.
- ConVault Vaulted Fuel Storage tanks are finished units - pumps and accessories are available - and can be set in place, ready for use.
- The ConVault tank can be customized to fit your needs. 250 - 500 - 1,000 - 2,000 - 4,000 - 5,200 - 6,000 - 8,000 - 10,000 - 12,000 gallons, split sizes also available.