Project Almere, Netherlands - Case Study
- START CONSTRUCTION: April 2016
- START-UP: February 2017
- CAPACITY: 850 Nm³/hr raw biogas
- 550 Nm³/hr biomethane
- METHANE CONCENTRATION RAW BIOGAS: 55-60%
- METHANE CONCENTRATION PRODUCT GAS: 89%
- EFFICIENCY: 99,5%
- CO2 LIQUEFACTION CAPACITY: 600 kg/hr
- CO2 PURITY: >99.97% (food grade)
For project ‘Groen Gas Almere’ (Green Gas Almere) Bright Biomethane has realised a biogas upgrading system with a capacity of 850 Nm³/hr biogas which is upgraded to 550 Nm³/hr biomethane. Bright Biomethane also delivered the CO2 liquefaction plant with a capacity of 600 kg/hr and the CO2 liquefaction storage plant. The plant will produce enough biogas to supply heat for approximately 2,500 households.
The first biomethane has been injected into the grid in February, 2017 and the installation is in operation ever since. Unique about the Groen Gas Almere installation is the complete indoor placement of the biogas upgrading installation. Normally, the placement is in a compact container.