BIOENERGY 2020 GmbH
BIOENERGY 2020 GmbH offers research, development, demonstration and other services in the field of biomass to energy to its customers. Part of its activities are executed as K1 centre of excellence, where the centre focusses on pre-competitive, industry related research funded through the COMET programme.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
Establishment of the competence center Austrian Bioenergy Centre GmbH (ABC) founded in the framework of Austria's Kplus program with headquarter in Graz and a branch in Wieselburg.
Merger of Austrian Bioenergy Centre and RENET to BIOENERGY 2020+ GmbH. Start of the first seven-year period as a K1 center (funded by the COMET programme of FFG, the Austrian Research Promotion Agency).
Start of the second funding period as K1 center after a successful submission as part of the 3rd call of the COMET program.
Our overall vision is to become a world leader in biomass to energy and biomass to goods conversion and to become a leading member of the biobased economy community.
Based on the matchmaking between the economic needs of a private company and the requirements of high level research we aim
- to increase the performance of Austrian industry by being industry’s scientific and technological backbone,
- to establish and assure critical mass for successful R&D,
- to provide technology transfer services for industry partners (become a one-stop-shop along the value chain, respectively),
- to educate and mentor young scientists,
- to develop and care for human capital for industry,
- to establish and care for successful R&D networks,
- to significantly contribute to achieve the targets of the Austrian and the EU Biomass Action Plan,
- and to significantly contribute to the formation of a biobased economy.