Established in late 1999, Hanwha Q CELLS, known as Q-Cells AG at that time, launched silicon solar cell production in the first six months of 2001 with just 19 employees. Today, Hanwha Q CELLS GmbH is part of the South Korean Hanwha business conglomerate and employs around 1,500 employees worldwide. Within a few years of its founding, Hanwha Q CELLS evolved from a solar cell manufacturer to become a leading photovoltaics enterprise. Its extensive product portfolio ranges from solar cells and crystalline and thin-film solar panels through to complete photovoltaic systems. Hanwha Q CELLS develops and manufactures its products at its headquarters in Bitterfeld-Wolfen, Germany and as well in Selangor, Malaysia. When it comes to marketing, Hanwha Q CELLS benefits from Hanwha`s global sales network.
In addition to solar system integration and power generation, the Company is expanding into other complementary service lines that include energy management systems, energy efficiency consulting, and LEED certification. The Company believes that these services are a natural extension of its solar capabilities and they allow the Company to solidify customer relationship and generate additional recurring revenues.
- We partner with early stage to late stage solar PV project developers in the North America and Europe. We can provide a range of support from project equity to covering hard costs. Our minimum target project size is 4MW and our minimum portfolio size is 15MW.
- We offer customized design and engineering - Aided by professional electrical and structural engineering firms, Hanwha Solar Energy America optimizes system designs to achieve maximum efficiency, reliability, and longevity based on a comprehensive analysis and understanding of each customer's specific situations. This custom design approach ensures the highest possible power production for system customers.
- We leverage the construction and project management expertise - Hanwha Solar Energy America considers its construction project management, quality assurance, and cost control expertise to be best-in-class. The Company's prior background in chemical engineering and industrial component distribution makes it uniquely experienced in hardware procurement, contractor supervision, and construction management as a solar system integrator. Because of its expertise in full-service project management, Hanwha Solar Energy America has achieved an average Change-Order-Rate of less than 1%, compared to the industry's typical Change-Order-Rate of 12% to 15%, which in turn has created significant savings for both the Company and its customers.
- Hanwha Solar Energy America is a licensed contractor and holds the following certifications:
- Contractors License #959417
- A - General Engineering Contractor
- C46 - Solar
- Hanwha Solar Energy America personnel hold the following accreditations:
- NABCEP Cetified PV Installer
- LEED Accredited Professional
- We purchase directly from manufacturers when possible, uses high-quality components and materials to build reliable and financeable systems, and relies on its project management expertise to ensure the completion of projects on time and on budget.
- We offer flexible and competitive financing terms - Hanwha Solar Energy America has the technical knowledge and financial modeling skills to provide in-depth financial review and analysis to help its customers select the optimal ownership structure and financing tools. The Company supports and facilitates its customers' effort to obtain various types of project financing, including bank loans, leases, PPAs, and government financing options including low-income tax credit and SBA loans.
- We provide O&M as a value-added service - Hanwha Solar Energy America provides its customers with extensive O&M services, including system monitoring, maintenance and repair, and warranty processing. The Company considers O&M a value-added service because it improves system performance, safeguards the long-term value of the systems, and provides recurring revenue for the Company.
- We extend business into energy management and LEED consulting - In addition to solar system integration, Hanwha Solar Energy America now offers energy management services, including energy efficient lighting, on-site generation products and services, energy monitoring and optimization sensors, energy efficiency audit, and LEED consulting and certification. Management believes that energy management is a natural extension and complement of its solar business. The energy management business also provides the Company with an extra source of revenue and an opportunity to leverage its relationship with existing solar customers to generate future cross- and up-sales.
Hanwha Solar Energy America believes a successful execution of the aforementioned operating model and strategies will achieve higher market share and rapid revenue growth over the next several years as the solar energy and energy management markets continue to expand.
One of Korea's leading companies in manufacturing, construction, financing and service provision, the Hanwha Group has taken over the operational business of the now-defunct Q-Cells SE and is launching Hanwha Q.CELLS as the new force in the international PV industry.
Hanwha Q.CELLS is one of the world's leading solar companies and offers an extensive portfolio of photovoltaics solutions, from solar cells and panels through to entire solar power plants. Hanwha Q.CELLS products are developed and manufactured at the company's eadquarters in Bitterfeld-Wolfen, Germany and distributed through the company's global network. Hanwha Q.CELLS also has another plant in Malaysia. The close interlink between research, development and production enables Hanwha Q-Cells to quickly transform innovations into mass production items. With the introduction of Hanwha Q.CELLS, the Hanwha Group is continuing with its established investment strategy of consistently expanding its solar solutions range. The aim is to promote the development of innovations and new technologies which improve the levelized cost of electricity (LCOE), EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) and the scope for project development.