Roeslein Alternative Energy
Roeslein Alternative Energy creates Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) – Pipeline-quality natural gas produced from organic inputs and natural processes. We serve customers seeking the economic and environmental advantages of compressed or liquefied natural gas (CNG or LNG) for trucking, marine, and rail transportation fuel. We work directly with the farmers to create a new energy crop for highly erodible land that delivers superior ecological benefits and sustainable returns on their investment. RNG can also be used for electricity and heat. RNG is 90 percent cleaner than diesel.
Sustainable Large Scale Alternative Energy Production and Supply
Roeslein Alternative Energy makes the idea of energy production truly sustainable. Our approach delivers large scale RNG solutions using:
- Sustainable input resources
- Livestock waste
- Native grasses harvested from highly erodible land
- Proven natural processes
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Vertical integration of RNG production and consumption
- Engineering, project management, consulting
- World class partners
- RAE projects maximize value, mitigate risk, and meet unique customer needs.
At Roeslein Alternative Energy, our mission is to help individual landowners and society as a whole collaboratively discover and implement alternative biomass and energy solutions. This mission will be accomplished in both ecologically and economically sustainable ways to protect and restore our environment and ecosystems.
Our goal is to restore 30 million acres of restored grasslands on marginal land throughout the Midwest region within the next 30 years, and use this as a model to restore hundreds of millions of acres of grassland around the globe. We call it our 30-30 program. Please come join us on our journey. Together we can solve the problems of a growing population’s needs for energy, food, clean water, clean air, and a biome that includes wildlife with a diversity of plant and animal life important to our quality of life. Together we can turn problems into opportunities for our future generations.
Our 30/30 Vision
As a company, our underlying goal is to restore 30,000,000 acres of land to native prairie grasses due to the value of sustainable prairie and the ecological, economic, social, and environmental impact it can have on all of our lives.
- Restored grasslands on marginal lands by our farmers plays a pivotal role in many ways. It improves farming economics by reducing irrigation, erosion, reservoir sedimentation, chemical and fertilizer applications and runoff while increasing carbon sequestration.
Grasslands can restore our water aquifers while reducing the potential floods created by torrential rains. Grassland restoration improves the health and wellness of our families and neighbors. It preserves watersheds, wildlife, and grassland birds. Restored grasslands also provide alternative biomass sources for conversion to bioenergy products enabling a balanced and sustainable society for generations to come.
RAE & STRIPS
STRIPS stands for Science-based Trials of Rowcrops Integrated with Prairie Strips. The STRIPS project is composed of a team of scientists, educators, farmers, and extension specialists working on the prairie strips farmland conservation practice. Our research shows that prairie strips are an affordable option for farmers and farm landowners seeking to garner multiple benefits. By converting just 10% of a crop field to diverse, native perennials farmers and farmland owners can reduce the amount of soil leaving their fields by 90% and the amount of nitrogen leaving their fields through surface runoff by up to 85%. Prairie strips also provide potential habitat for wildlife, including pollinators and other beneficial insects.