Ever since we first started developing our graphene-based ultracapacitors in 2009, we have been steadfast in our aim to change the energy storage industry. Today, our SkelCap ultracapacitors, based on patented “curved graphene” represent the biggest technological advancement in the industry in the last 20 years. For us, developing and producing the best ultracapacitor cells, modules, and systems in the world is means to an end: helping companies save energy. We have achieved global breakthroughs in ultracapacitor performance through the use of patented nanoporous ‘curved graphene’. Our ultracapacitors deliver twice the energy density and 4 times the power density offered by other manufacturers. Our current customer base includes global engineering companies, the European Space Agency and several Tier 1 automotive manufacturers.
Skeleton Technologies - powering energy savings with ultracapacitors . Ultracapacitors excel where other energy storage technologies fail and this gives us the opportunity to help companies that otherwise might not be able to hybridize or electrify their businesses.
Technology & Applications
Our proprietary raw material, “curved graphene”, provides our ultracapacitors with an unparalleled advantage in power and energy density. We power energy savings with ultracapacitors in automotive, transportation, grid & renewables, maritime, industrial manufacturing, and material handling.
- 2009 Skeleton Technologies was founded
- 2011 Development of space capacitors started
- 2012 First commercial product series
- 2013 First financial investor; Skeleton Technologies GmbH founded
- 2014 New manufacturing facility in Viimsi, Estonia
- 2015 Best startup award at Ecosummit 2015
- 2015 Ultracapacitor-based KERS on trucks
- 2017 Production capacity scaling in Großröhrsdorf, Germany
- 2018 Product portfolio expansion to different industries