Triogen is a leading ORC supplier that has successfully incorporated world class technology into a reliable standardized innovative product. Our mission is “to deliver a meaningful contribution to the solution of global warming and the energy problem, by offering our customers turn-key solutions for cost effective and environmentally friendly generation of electricity from waste heat”.
Triogen has managed to realize an exceptionally high efficiency using the Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) principle. Unique to this principle, is the fact that this small power unit will generate energy from, often, unused waste heat from production processes, on a fully CO2 neutral basis! In a period of about 5 years, the ORC can produce electricity with a monetary equivalent in excess of 1 million euro!
How does the recycling of waste heat create profits for your company?
- Currently you don't use the (residual)heat which is produced in your business processes
- This heat is transformed by the ORC into electricity
- You could use this electricity yourself or sell (some of) it to the power grid as green electricity.
- This all happens without extra CO2 emissions. This is good for the environment and could provide you with CO2 allowances (and therefore subsidy).
- In addition the ORC produces its own residual heat which could be reused again in other business processes or could be provided to a heat network
The Triogen ORC offers a contribution to resolving the global heating issue: you generate sustainable electricity and thus avoid CO2 emissions.
Triogen ORC aspects:
- The most efficient ORC in the market with an efficiency of >17% (900 kWth is converted to 150 kWe when cooled to 200 °C)
- The most cost-effective ORC in the market measured in cost per kW installed capacity
- Compelling customer economics (IRR >15-20%)
- Payback period between 2-5 years
- Standardised unit for all applications
- Largest operational installation base in its range in Europe – both in number of ORC's and operating hours
- Product warranty and system guarantee with a bonus malus system
- Uptime guarantee of 95%
- Service Level Agreement
- Fully automated operation with remote monitoring and analysis
Triogen’s strategic objective is: “To be the world’s leading provider of turn-key solutions for the utilization of waste heat flows between 500 kWth and 5 MWth and its efficient conversion into electricity.”
Triogen was established in 2001 and its major shareholders are Aan de Stegge Bouw & Werktuigbouw and Yellow & Blue Clean Energy investments, founded by Nuon - Vattenfall.
The development of the ORC was done in cooperation with partners which include Lappeenranta University of Technology, the University of Technology in Delft, the University of Twente, TNO, the National Aerospace Laboratory NLR and a number of other knowledge institutions.
Triogen is active throughout Europe in conjunction with various partners. The business operates from it’s premises in Goor, the Netherlands and employs 17 full-time highly educated commercial and technical staff.