Yargus Manufacturing, Inc.
Yargus Manufacturing is a full-service company with experienced engineering and design, marketing, production, installation, transportation and technical assistance personnel to serve you.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Manufacturing, Other
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
Founded as Layco in 1968 by Lloyd Allen Yargus, the company started out as a conveyor repair and reconditioning shop that also built truck bumpers for area farmers and fertilizer dealers. Over the years, Layco’s product line developed to include fertilizer blending and conveying systems. A little over 20 years ago, Lloyd’s son Larry acquired Layco, changing the name of the company to Yargus Manufacturing, Inc., and developing it into one of the most respected manufacturers in the material handling industry.
Today, the Yargus Manufacturing complex in Marshall, Illinois spreads over six acres, with 150,000 square feet for sales, engineering and manufacturing. The company ships Layco equipment all over the world for fertilizer and other material handling uses. Over the years it has become a sought-after equipment supplier because of its unique ability to successfully custom-design and manufacture equipment to meet customers needs. Larry’s three daughters - Anne Sheehy, Kate Shaffer and Meg Yargus - are now integrally involved in the company’s operation.
In 2016, Yargus was acquired by Ag Growth International (AGI) (TSX:AFN).
About Ag Growth International
Ag Growth International (AGI) is a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment including augers, belt conveyors, grain storage bins, grain handling accessories, grain aeration equipment, grain drying systems, and fertilizer handling and storage systems. AGI has manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, Brazil and Italy and distributes its products globally.
To improve the quality of life of our employees, customers, and community.
To develop and produce effective and innovative material handling solutions for the Agricultural and Industrial Global Marketplace.
WE DO THIS BY
- Engineering efficient, safe and innovative designs.
- Working with our customer to create customized solutions to meet their needs.
- Manufacturing our products to the highest quality and safety standards.
- Providing responsive, exemplary customer service.
- Integrity: Honoring our commitments and taking personal responsibility for our actions.
- Innovation: Designing better solutions for agriculture and industry.
- Service: Standing behind our equipment to serve our customers.
- Teamwork: Fulfilling our mission through the relationships we build with each other, our suppliers, and our customers.