Clean Energy Opportunity & Risk Analysis
Take a structured and systematic approach to your business and investment planning, by examining both current market conditions and the questions of resilience and risk in the face of future change Clean energy will increasingly have to build business cases with decreasing (or no) policy subsidy – which means greater market exposure. It also exists in market environments seeing rapid technological innovation and the blurring of competitive boundaries. This course will help you to think more comprehensively about market and risk analysis, by encouraging you to do so in a structured way and with example tools that you can take away and immediately tailor to the specifics of your own business.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Nov. 25-27, 2019
- Singapore , Singapore
In particular, this course will present and illustrate a systematic approach which considers not just current market conditions and project deliverability, but also business sustainability (adaptability) in the face of future market change. We call this approach “CODA” analysis, since it combines current market conditions with the outlook for market change, helping guide you towards a project which is both deliverable and adaptable.
Specifically tailored to the clean energy sector, you will identify key factors in market opportunities and business risks, connect aspects of current planning with future risks and examine ways to formalise the analysis process (for example through methods such as checklists, scorecards and risk maps).
Although the course will use specific and up-to-date examples to illustrate key concepts and learning points, it’s important to note that the aim of the course is not to provide single, simple answers to every specific challenge facing every different clean energy business developer or investor. Indeed, beware of anyone who tells you such simple answers exist! Instead the course encourages and helps you to think more comprehensively about market and risk analysis, in a structured way and with example tools that you can take away and immediately tailor to the specifics of your own business.
In addition to the presented materials, there will also be plenty of time dedicated to thinking for yourself, working on sample documents and discussing key issues and outcomes with the trainer and other attendees. As a result, this will be an intensive and highly interactive three days.
The course will:
- Introduce a clean-energy-focused analysis framework which links current market conditions and market outlook, with project delivery and adaptability
- Provide a systematic approach to assessing market opportunities for new projects and/or products
- Provide a systematic approach to assessing (and planning for) key risk factors
- Examine opportunity and risk from both current and future perspectives, including how the two interconnect
- Provide an approach to market and project analysis (applicable to a wide variety of business objectives), which enables you to better focus your forward-planning, multi-disciplinary discussions and requirements for further data-gathering and research
You will leave with:
- A clearer understanding of the key business opportunity and risk influences
- A more comprehensive view of the market and competitive context of clean energy businesses
- Sample tools and documents to adapt to your own business needs
- A better foundation from which to identify and bring together the key inputs both from within and external to your organisation
The course is valuable to anyone involved in developing business strategy, assessing new market opportunities or identifying and managing the risks in new project or product business cases. Particularly relevant roles include:
- Energy sector finance & investment
- Clean power project development
- Cleantech product development
- Energy sector professional services, including legal, insurance and consulting