Concerns about energy resources and the environmental impact of energy use will continue to be important globally. World Scientific's unique series of books on Current Energy Issues is intended, in part, as an expansion and update of the material contained in the World Scientific Handbook of Energy. Each volume will focus on related energy resources or issues and will contain a broader range of topics with more explanatory text.
This Solar Energy volume covers a variety of approaches to the use of solar energy. These include large scale photovoltaic production of electricity as well as more local applications in the home and businesses. Similarly, there is an extensive discussion of large scale solar thermal electricity production and smaller scale uses such as solar water heating, home heating and cooling plus crop drying. There is also discussion of more forward-looking technologies including the production of fuels using artificial photosynthesis and the production of biomass.
- Jun. 2016
- Introduction to Solar Energy (R Corkish, W Lipiński and Robert Patterson)
- Fundamentals of Photovoltaic Cells and Systems (Ignacio Rey-Stolle)
- Large-Scale Solar Thermal Plants (CSP) (Manfred Becker, Robert Pitz-Paal and Wes Stein)
- Large Scale Photovoltaic Power Plants (G Almonacid Puche, P G Vidal and E Muñoz-Cerón)
- Biomass (Anthony Turhollow)
- Artificial Photosynthesis (Nathan Skillen and Peter K J Robertson)
- Small Scale PV Applications in Home and Business (Estefanía Caamaño-Martín, Miguel Ángel Egido and Jorge Solórzano)
- Low Temperature Solar Thermal Applications (Brian Norton, Hans Martin Henning and Daniel Mugnier)
- Solar Thermochemical Processes (Roman Bader and Wojciech Lipiński)
Readership: Researchers, academics, professionals and graduate students in energy studies/research and environmental/energy economics.