Dell`s Texas headquarters powered entirely with renewable energy
It was announced this week that Dell Computer’s 2.1 million-square-foot headquarters in Round Rock, Texas is now powered entirely with renewable energy. 60% of the energy is supplied by wind power generated by Energy Future Holdings Corp.’s TXU Energy and the remaining 40% from Waste Management’s landfill gas-to-energy plant.
Dell, a participant in Austin Energy’s GreenChoiceÂ® power program, also announced it is increasing it’s renewable energy at its Austin Parmer Campus from 8 to 17%.
In Twin Falls, Idaho, Dell powers a call center with all renewable energy, 97% from wind and 3% from solar.
All this is in step with Dell’s goal, announced last fall, of going carbon neutral in 2008.
President Paul Bell challenged other technology firms to follow suit and take the lead in helping create a new energy future, 'It's time for our industry to take a lead role in creating a clean energy future. Today, we are challenging every technology company to work with their suppliers and partners in integrating green power and energy-efficient strategies into their operations.'
Oh, and it’s saving the company money as well: Says Bell, “We're using green technology to drive operating expense down.'
No comments were found for Dell`s Texas headquarters powered entirely with renewable energy. Be the first to comment!