Kenicsheat exchangers offer a highly efficient design consisting of streamlined Kenicsstatic mixer elements for superior performance compared to conventional straight, empty tube heat exchangers.
Conventional straight, empty tube designs allow laminar build up from the process fluid on the internal tube walls which inhibits flow and diminishes the heat transfer process.Kenics heat exchangers use static mixer elements in each heat exchanger tube to greatly reduce the film build up on the internal walls. Process fluid is continuously pushed fromthe center of each tube to the wall and back to the center. This eliminates thermal gradients and boosts the inside film coefficient.
Product performance characteristicsof the Kenicsheat exchanger include:
- A more uniform, consistent transfer process
- Three to seven times greater heat transfer rates than empty tubes
- Mixer elements that create a self cleaning, wiping action
- Minimization of fouling
- Surface renewal at tube wall that reduces the chance of thermal degradation
- Plug flow characteristics that produce uniform heat history
- Reduction of temperature gradients
- Allowance for viscous materials to cool to near freezing point
- Custom fabrication to ASME/TEMA standards
NOV is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and sale of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, the provision of oilfield services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
Chemineer™, Kenics™, Prochem™, and Greerco™ are brands of NOV. Since 1952, the brands are at the forefront of fluid agitation equipment and systems providing technical expertise to customers in various industries worldwide. Expertise includes high flow, low shear liquid-liquid and solids blending, gas dispersion, high-shear blending, and viscous mixing. For more information, visit nov.com/mixing