Acksen - Model EC-7VAR - Three Phase Voltage, Current & Power Factor Data Logger
From Power Loggers
The EC-7VAR energy recorder is used by electrical contractors, power distribution companies, facilities management, electrical or site-services and maintenance engineers to monitor power (kW)/energy (kWh) usage, check voltage and current variations helping them to diagnose any related issues, or to gather data perhaps to make representations to their power supplier. Extensively used for UPS sizing and monitoring and standby generator sizing and monitoring. As the product records both voltage and current, users can determine if low voltage is related to high current demands on site, or if the low voltage is being supplied to the site.
Power Factor (known as PF or Cos φ) is recorded for the voltage channel L1 and the current channel A1, this is then used to calculate the real (Watts), reactive (VARs) and apparent (VA) power for all 3 phases within our Electrosoft software. PF measurement also allows users to determine if Power Factor Correction is needed for the site. For accurate measurement of PF, the logger needs a current or voltage reading of around 20% of scale.
*Note, the Rogowski Coils break open at the black joint, allowing them to be placed around the cables without having to break the main circuit. When only a single phase voltage supply is easily accessible, the EC-7VAR can still be used to monitor and record 3 phase energy, using three current inputs and a single phase voltage input, rather than the normal 3 voltage inputs.
For lower current loads, we recommend the CT-7VAR which is designed for currents between 0.5A and 400A and uses traditional clamp-on current transformers (CT's, for diameters up to 30mm) and has a maximum input of 400A per channel, making it accurate at lower currents, suitable for domestic and light commercial logging.
The advantage of the Electrocorder products over most others is that our data loggers constantly sample information (recording the Min, Max and Average) over the set period, many other products only take 'snap shots' of what is going on and can miss 99.9% of the data that is critical to your analysis.
Kit includes data logger, Rogowski transducers, voltage leads, USB lead, Electrosoft software and a carry case.
- Ideal for industrial logging and Energy Surveys
- Voltage Range: 500Vac
- Current Range: 400A, 1kA, 2kA or 3kAac
- Rogowski Coils fit around 140mm cables
- Voltage Accuracy: ±1% of reading, ±1 Volt. (10 bit) within 100Vac-450Vrms (ph–ph); else ±3%. (50/60Hz ±2%)
- Current Accuracy: ±5% of reading, typically (within 10% - 90% of full scale)
- Power Factor Accuracy:
- Accurate to ~3% between lead 0.5 and 0.5 lag; ~6% between 0.5 and 0.3 lead or lag
- Voltage Leads: 1kV CAT III, 600V CAT IV
- Coils: 1kV CAT III, 600V CAT IV
- Records true RMS Vavg, Vmax & Vmin to 2%
- Records true RMS Iavg, Imax & Imin to 5%
- Recording Period: 2 sec to 60 mins
- Recording Standard: EN50160
- Environmental Sealing: IP43 as standard, available as IP65/NEMA 12/4
- Size & Weight: Metric - 260x180x190mm & 2kg