AEREON - Model 100 - Continuum Ignitor
The Model 100 Continuum Ignitor utilizes a high voltage electric arc to ignite a combustible air/gas mixture. This arc typically occurs every 20 seconds for a two second duration (timing is adjustable). The Continuum provides a spark inside a ‘slipstream’ chamber that diverts a portion of the waste gas to create a combustible air/gas mixture. This allows the Continuum ignitor to function without additional pilot gas which is very valuable for facilities with limited pilot gas, or for those that desire to reduce the costs or the emissions from pilot gas usage. The Continuum is commonly used in 'Reduced Flaring' or 'Zero Emissions' initiatives.
The Continuum ignitor is currently installed in thousands of flares around the world with a proven reliability record that allows you to eliminate the need for a continuous pilot gas flame where allowed by local regulations. An optional Continuum H.S.I. (Hot Surface Ignition) system will also be commercially available that replaces the high voltage electric arc system.
AEREON’s CONTINUUM Ignition System is a versatile, direct-spark controls package designed for robustness and ease of operation & maintenance. Available as a fully retractable-to-grade system, the CONTINUUM Ignitor provides easy access for operators and technicians, and significantly reduces, or even completely eliminates, equipment down time. With the selection of a Solar Powered option, and coupled with our tip-integral “Slipstream” ignition chamber, this controls package can be operated completely independent from external utilities, making it a perfect selection for those remote applications.
As a system whose initial version was placed into service in excess of 25 years ago, and with well over a thousand units still in service, the CONTINUUM Ignitor is a reliable and industry-tested ignition system from a leader in the vapor control industry. With a field developed timing sequence, the controls package initiates a sparking sequence three or more times a minute, regardless of the current status of the flare, and ensuring that when you need it, your vapor control equipment is available for use.
The Continuum ignitor is currently installed in thousands of flares around the world with a proven reliability record that allows you to eliminate the need for a continuous pilot gas flame where allowed by local regulations. An optional Continuum H.S.I. (Hot Surface Ignition) system is also under development (in lieu of the electric arc system), and will be commercially available in the near future.
- Fully retractable for ease of maintenance
- Low maintenance costs:
- does not require crane
- no plant shutdown for maintenance
- Eliminates need for ladders and platforms
- Constant re-ignition every 20 seconds, 24 hours a day
- Eliminates need for pilot gas in most applications
- Eliminates need for pilot gas and power
- Solid alloy D-ring design ensures proper spark gap throughout the life of the ignitor and eliminates mechanical wear areas found on dual probe systems
- 100% alloy steel construction
- Current monitoring provides reliable ignition monitoring without thermocouples or other flame monitoring devices
- Available UPS (uninterrupted power supply) for AC powered units
- Ignitor Model: 100
- Dimensions: 11’ - 6” long (3.5m)
- Materials: 304/316 Stainless Steel
- Weight: 80 lb. (36.4 kg)
- Control Panel Models: AC — AL (AC power), SOL (solar power)
- Dimensions: 12 3/4” x 8” x 6” (324 mm x 203 x 152)
- Weight: AC – AL — 19 lb. (8.6 kg), Sol — 55 lb. (25 kg) with battery
- Classification: NEMA 4 (NEMA 7 option)
- Power Requirements: 110 VAC, 220 VAC, or Solar Power
- Distance from Ignitor: Maximum 600 ft. (182 m)