AET - Natural Gas Backup Power System
From Generator Sets
A quiet, environmentally clean, robust, Natural Gas fueled Stand-by and Co-generation set for your small business or home application (can pay for itself in approximately 8 years). Based on a rugged Kubota DF1005 spark-ignited Natural Gas engine and industry-leading Stamford alternator, the co-generation set is designed to provide 15 years (24,000 hours) of reliable, efficient service in peak-shaving and emergency backup modes. In peak-shaving mode, the co-generation set automatically disconnects selected electrical loads from the utility power grid. The co-generation set is programmed to automatically start and run to provide the required electrical power. This reduces the utility generated electricity used by the owner during peak load periods (through utilization of recovered waste heat).
- DEPENDABLE - starts and operates reliably at temperatures from -30°C to +50°C.
- QUIET - designed to meet noise bylaws in Ottawa residential areas
- EFFICIENT - in a combined heat and power mode, over 70% of fuel energy is recovered as either electrical power, or thermal energy.
- SAFE - Natural Gas fuel means no on-site fuel storage reducing potential liability and ensuring a continuous, reliable supply of fuel even during widespread power outages. CLEAN - an exhaust catalyst reduces already low emissions
- DURABLE - designed for a 15 year / 24,000 hour life.
- LOW MAINTENANCE - one oil and filter change per year
- Also available for diesel or propane fuel
- Output Voltage: 120/240 VAC, 60 Hz
- Output Power: 7 to 15 kW continuous at -30°C to +50°C ambient, up to 250m ASL 120% overload for 60 minutes at up to +30°C ambient
- Noise: 76 dBA at 3 meters at 7 kW electrical load
- Fuel: Natural Gas
- Fuel Size Pressure: 5' to 10' H2O
- Total Efficiency (with CHP): 70 % (typical)
- CHP: Combined Heat and Power
- Size: 2.1 m long x 0.75 m wide x 1.15 m high