Apache - 2-Pass Dryback Firetube Boiler
The Apache 2-pass dryback boiler is designed for maximum efficiency, reliability and durability in today’s most demanding environments. Available with NOx reduction technology to sub 9 ppm. With pressures of 15 to 300 psi steam and 30 to 160 psi hot water, the Apache is the intelligent option for your particular needs. Available in sizes ranging from 40 to 2,500 BoHP.
- 2-pass dryback design
- Pressures from 15-300 psi steam and 30-160 psi hot water
- Sizes from 40-2,500 BoHP
- Corrugated furnaces on ASME Section I high pressure boilers
- Large furnace volume for complete combustion
- Roller-bearing supported single-hinged rear door for total fireside access
- Large single furnace dryback design with exceptional efficiencies and economical operation
- Packaged with Gas, Oil, or Combination Gas & Oil Burner
- Customized, proven package burner solution
- Handholes for waterside access
- Factory installed gas train available with FM, GE-GAP, NFPA-85, UL and other approvals
- Structural steel skid available with optional removable skids, jacking pads and seismic design
- Generous Morrison corrugated furnace (standard on Section I boilers 80 BoHP and above)
- Front/Rear door gaskets made of ceramic fiber
- Industrial grade, space saving, one-piece rear door
- Available turbulators for maximum efficiency
Available with NOx reduction technology to sub 9 ppm. With pressures of 15 to 300 psi steam and 30 to 160 psi hot water, the Apache is the intelligent option for your particular needs. Available in sizes ranging from 40 to 2,500 BoHP.
To make the highest quality scotch marine boiler on the market, we begin with quality-in-design. The tube sheet, furnace, tubes and other critical components are designed to exceed the ASME code to guarantee a quality product that will last for decades.
The tubesheet is the most critical component in any scotch marine type boiler and Superior’s tubesheets exceed the ASME code thickness by 25% in low pressure units and 33% in high pressure units. Thick tube sheets coupled with tubes 10% thicker than ASME code requirements and ¾” ligament spacing give Superior Boiler Owners more tube seating surface and long equipment life.
For long, trouble free boiler life, it is also vital that combustion be completed within the confines of the firetube. The Apache is designed with a long furnace made with thicker material than ASME requirements. In addition, the furnaces of high pressure steam Apache boilers are corrugated to thwart negative effects of expansion and contraction.
Our employees unite each and every day to seek quality in workmanship. Whether we are cutting steel, welding tubesheets to pressure vessels, insulating pressure vessels with two inch 8-lb density mineral fiber, painting galvanized 22 gauge steel jackets with 500°F enamel or piping a gas train, we tailor our products to exceed ASME standards.
Packaged boilers are trimmed with necessary safeties and code piping and inspected by authorized, independent code inspectors. Factory mounted and wired packaged, proven and reliable burners are available from all burner manufacturers. Standard burners comply with UL requirements. Code requirements such as CSD-1, IRI, FM, NFPA 85, and CSA are available upon request. Packaged Apache boilers can be factory firetested to check electrical components for proper operation and ensure smooth ignition and quicker field startups.
Superior Boilers offer thicker tubesheets, thicker tubes, large corrugated furnaces, and the ability to factory mount, wire and test UL or CSA listed burners from all burner manufacturers. However there are still more features that make the Apache an exceptional value. All Apache boilers have two 3” x 4” handhole openings in the front tube sheet, two handholes on the bottom centerline and an available manway which permits inspection of the bottom of the drum, and facilitates cleaning and tube removal. Full front end and fireside access is standard on all Superior boilers. Our design eliminates the necessity of disconnecting fuel lines when inspection or maintenance functions are required.