Arzon Solar - Model 8700 - Solar Power Generator
The 8700 is the world’s highest performance, highest efficiency utility scale PV generator.The 8700 is 30% lower cost and 10% higher power and energy performance then Amonix’s former utility product, the 7700. Over 60 MW DC of 7700 systems were deployed from 2009 till 2012 and demonstrated the highest energy density of any project studied in a 2013 NREL land use report, needing only 2.8 acres per GWh per year.
The 8700 is robust and build to last. At high temperatures, the high efficiency multi-junction solar cells used in the 8700 suffer only about 30% of the temperature induced performance loss suffered by silicon or thin film panels, so the 8700 stays closer to rated output even in very hot locations.
The 8700 is designed for easy field maintenance and replacement of components, delivering maximum availability and higher returns to customers. The 8700 requires no water for normal operation and cleaning frequency no more than other solar products.
Please contact Arzon Solar to discuss this product if interested.
- DC CSOC (PV-USA) Rating1: 70 kW
- DC CSTC (Nameplate) Rating2: 84 kW
- kWhr / kW Energy Rating3: 2300 - 2900 kWhr / kW
- Generation weighted average land use Acres / GWhr / Year Energy Rating4: < 2.8
- Inverter Type: Compatible with several MPPT inverters
- Overall Dimensions: 14.95 m x 21.95 m (49 ft x 72 ft)
- Max. Height: 15.4 m (50.5 ft)
- Min. Ground Clearance: 0.6 m (2 ft)
- Pedestal Diameter: 0.9 m (3 ft)
- Foundation Type (typical)5: 5.5 m (18 ft)
- Tracking Type and Actuation: 2-axis (Azimuth & Elevation), Hydraulic Drives
- Sun Tracking Method: Hybrid open loop / closed loop with sun sensor
- Suitable DNI: Greater than 5.5 kWhr / m2
- Max. Operating Wind Speed: 12.5 m/s - 17.9 m/s (28-40 mph) subject to elevation angle
- Max. Wind Loading (ASCE 7-05 Category C): 145 km/h (90 mph)
- Land Required for MW AC (typical): 1.6 - 2 hectares (4-5 acres)
- IEC Certification: IEC 62108 Legacy Certification
- 900 W/m2 irradiance, 20 deg C ambient temperature, 2 m/s wind speed
- 1000 W/m2 irradiance, 25 deg C cell temperature
- Energy rating varies based upon location and average DNI. 8700 kWhr/kW is 2700 in Las Vegas, NV
- From NREL study “Land-Use Requirements for Solar Power Plants in the United States”, June, 2013
- Most soil conditions allow for buried pedestal. Some conditions may require different foundation design