Britwind - Model H15 - Small Wind Turbine
The most innovative windmill in the world, bringing the performance of a big wind turbine to a small windmill. The horizontal-axis H15 has a power rating of 15kW and is designed to optimise production at low wind speeds as well as offering high reliability and low cost of ownership. It’s a step-change in terms of efficiency and cost – and a radical transformation for the industry. At an annual wind speed of 6m/s it will generate 45,250kWh per year.
The Britwind H15 is a state of the art small wind turbine, designed by the same team that developed the market leading Britwind R9000 wind turbine.
The whole concept of the Britwind H15 has been has been engineered with robustness, high reliability and low maintenance in mind, with the only wearing parts being the rotor bearing, the yaw bearing and the anemometer. The turbine also has class leading performance to installed cost ratio. There are two versions of the turbine; the Class II (as per IEC 61400-2) for the windiest sites, and the large rotor Class IV, which has exceptional performance at lower wind speeds.
- Specifically designed for high reliability and low maintenance
- Two versions – optimised for use in high and lower wind speed sites
- Exceptionally low payback times
- Conforms to IEC 61400-2 (ed3) international standard
- MCS approval is expected by December 2015 and will make the turbine eligible for Feed-in-Tariffs