Circulatic-Vapor - Power Steam Generators
Low Cost, process and heating steam for Industrial and Commercial Application. Recirculating Water Tube Units to: 600 BPH and 530 psig 20,700 lbs. per hour.
Key Features of The Circulatic® Vapor Steam Generator
- Rapid start up - from cold start to full load in five minutes.
- Easy access to burners - end mounted burner is simple to maintain.
- High quality steam - guaranteed 99% + dry steam.
- Low cost coil replacement - multiple coil design permits damaged coil replacement.
- Minimal soot problems - separate combustion chamber prevents coating coils with partially burned fuels.
- Minimum prepurge energy loss - smaller size unit allows proper prepurge in seconds.
- Low fuel requirements - air preheating and refractory lined chamber for complete combustion.
- Simplified fuel switching - only have to turn selector, no burner changes required.
- Quick response to load changes - cycle time of less than one minute.
- Minimum off-on cycling - turndown ratios up to 10-1 for handling wide range of loads.
- Complete line - nine sizes to permit proper selection for any application.
- Low installation costs - packaged, compact units require only 60% of floor space needed for firetube boilers.
- Long life with minimum maintenance - coil design pressure of 1000 psig result in thicker coil walls for longer life.
- Easy installation skid mounted assembly including control console.
- Optimum efficiency at any load - full modulation of water, air, fuel & output.
- Maximum safety - steam drum located outside of firing zone.
The Circulatic® Vapor Steam Generator Operating Concept
The Circulatic® steam generator is a forced re-circulation water tube boiler in which water under pressure circulates at high velocity through a set of nested, parallel connected, coils while forced draft combustion gases travel across the coils. The hot gases envelope the entire tube surface, making maximum use of both radiant and convective heat to achieve very high heat transfer rates. Water at saturation temperature is drawn from the steam drum and forced through the coils at three times the maximum steaming rate by the re-circulating pump.
The water is then carried back to a steam lance, in the top of the same drum, where steam is released and effectively separated. The 99%+ dry steam is withdrawn from the drum and the water forms a reservoir of heat saturated water to feed the recirculating centrifugal pump. Solids collect at the bottom of the drum and are blowout when the blow-down valve is opened.
A pressure sensitive control, which responds to the steam pressure in the drum, regulates the supply of fuel and air to the burner and provides efficient combustion over the complete modulating range of the boiler. High efficiency is obtained, without thermal shock, over the full operating range, not only at rated output. The built-in safeguards which monitor the main flame and initiate shutdown in the event of loss of flame, as well as the location of the steam drum out of the firing area, assures maximum operational safety of the boiler.
An integral control panel contains all controls and indicators necessary for the safe operation of the unit. A programmed operating sequence is also incorporated for simplified startup.
A qualified service representative is on hand for two consecutive days during start-up to assure trouble-free operation and provide on-site operator training.
Built to Meet Standards
Every unit is built to ASME Standards, Hartford inspected and National Board registered. Coast Guard, Industrial Risk Insurers, Factory Mutual, American Bureau of Shipping, Lloyds and other approvals are available upon request.
All units are fire tested for up to three days at the factory, with their individual controls to assure proper operation and to allow for control adjustments, which avoid installation delays.
Boiler - Multiple parallel coil, watertube type, forced circulation, forced draft fired.
Adjustable from: 3-13 psig, 50-135 psig, 100-225 psig, 250-475 psig. Consult factory for special operating pressure ranges.
- Air atomized burner for #2 fuel oil.
- Multi-orificed burner for natural gas or LPG.
- Burners available to meet NOx regulations.
- Main - 230 or 460 VAC, 3 Ph, 60 Hz
- Control - 120 VAC, 1 Ph, 60 Hz, factory wired. Special voltages are available on request.
- Ignition Electric spark ignited, interrupted gas pilot on most units. Direct electric spark optional on #2 oil units where permitted.
Programmed flame safeguard control with flame detector, coil temperature control, low water cut-off control and steam pressure control.
Automatic Blowdown, Stack Switch, Automatic Multiple Boiler Control, Annunciator Systems and equipment to meet special codes.