COMBIMASS® GA-s hybrid - analyzer stations for biogas and syngas
Modern agricultural anaerobic digestion plants cannot meet commercial
and environmental requirements without appropriate measuring
and analysis technique. For the economical operation of the fermentation
plant it is likewise necessary to consider the gas composition and quantity
of the individual digester stages to control feeding cycles load-depending.
Beside this analysis is often used for monitoring
and control of desulphurization stages in front of the CHP´s. In biomethane upgrade plants analysis is
used to monitor and control each single stage of process.
In sewage treatment plants analysis is used to monitor digester gas quality and control of H2S-filter in front of the CHP, to reduce the wear and increase maintenance cycles. Often the manufacturer of the CHP stations limit their warranty if the gas quality is not monitored sufficiently well.
Long-time monitoring of gas
quality of single dwells in landfills is often measured with portable
instruments. For monitoring of gas quality in collector pipes as well as in
front of CHP-stations usually analyzer stations are used. Because gas quality
becomes worse with the age of the landfills, the gas from dwells (poor gas) is
mixed with other methaneous gases (good gas), coming from e.g. anaerobic
digestion of green cuttings or composting plants to meet minimum requirements
on methane concentration in the mixed gas. Also in this application gas
analyzer can monitor the quality of gas mixes.
- Automatic analysis of up to 7 gas components with various operation ranges, using different technologies: NDIR, electrochemical, heat conductivity, in time cycles or continuously (with an additional gas cooler), compensated for gas pressure and temperature
- Analyzer station with automatic sampling of one gas stream (can be expanded)
- High-performance PLC with a 4.3” colored touch panel display (standard) or a big 7” graphic display with history and further graphic functions (option)
- Cabinet material: plastic or steel, for indoor/ outdoor installation, with/ without heating/ cooling, monitored for ambient temperature and pressure
- Combination of various gas modules mounted on DIN-rails, compensated for gas temperature and pressure
- Strong biogas pump mounted on small DIN-rail plates
- Gas filter for easy replacement
- Implementation of thermal dispersion gas flow meter (with integrated humidity correction for the measurement of dry biogas flow in m³/h at standard conditions according to DIN 1343, if the gas is waterdamp-saturated based on gas temperature - option) - Automatic correction of gas flow based on actual gas composition
- Implementation of humidity probes for calculation of dry gas flow as an option (if the biogas is not waterdamp-saturated - option)
- Maintenance diagnostics using traffic light colours – improves safety for the operator and reduces costs for maintenance to the really required level
- Manual recalibration of gas modules by connecting a span gas bottle (standard) or several bottles (option) via touch screen or autocalibration-function (option) to keep long-time accuracy high
- Due to the special modular design, all typical spares and wearing parts are mounted on the DIN-rails, can be replaced by the operator, a local service company or the manufacturer
The basic analyzer station COMBIMASS GA-s hybrid eco CH4 / H2S &
A further input for calibration gas allows the check and recalibration of the gas modules at site by Binder service employees or an authorized service company. Maintenance is very easy: the filter and other small service parts can be replaced at site by the operator. The gas modules should be checked every 12 months at the manufacturer and refurbished if necessary. New or refurbished gas modules can be provided, so data transmission is uninterrupted. The replacement of the gas modules takes less than 2 minutes and can be done by the operator.