Eddy - Model MIZ-85iD - Current Instrument
From Eddy Current
The MIZ-85iD leverages the architecture of our industry-leading MIZ-80iD eddy current instrument into a modular, instrument-only system. It’s a small, rugged and lightweight unit that can be utilized in a variety of inspection environments. All configurations of the MIZ-85iD are completely sealed to provide protection from environmental and radiological contamination. This protection ensures the unit’s integrity in electronic performance and allows the unit to be serviced throughout the life of the product. Just like the MIZ-80, the MIZ-85 conducts highly efficient and cost effective eddy current inspections of steam generator and condenser tubing in nuclear and conventional power plants.
The MIZ-85 system is available in three configurations:
- The MIZ-85iD-1 is configured to accommodate one probe pusher
- The MIZ-85iD-2 is configured to accommodate two probe pushers
- The MIZ-85iD-4 is configured to accommodate four probe pushers
Advanced capabilities of the MIZ-85iD, such as the on-board electronic differential reference probes, and an internal electronic connector pin multiplexer, eliminate the need for common adapter cables. These features also provide you with superior data quality and promote better analysis results.
Multiple Probe Configurations
- The MIZ-85iD is available in single, dual, or quad probe configurations to best suit your application.
- The MIZ-85iD supports all common steam generator inspection techniques.
- The MIZ-85iD features an integral probe interface module (PIM) which eliminates the need for probe adapters.
- The MIZ-85iD’s Intelligent Device technology provides automatic probe configuration validation with MIZ-iD equipped probes.
- The web server queries devices and provides information on the network, system, calibration status, and hardware. With higher level permission, it enables you to update the firmware and to calibrate.
Auto Tube End Detection
- The Auto Tube End Detection improves probe life.
Electronic Connector Pin Multiplexer
- The electronic connector pin multiplexer eliminates the need for reference probes and common probe adapter cables.
Auxiliary A/O Control Lines
- The Auxiliary A/O Control Lines provide integration with probe delivery systems and probe position encoders.
- Power 100-240 VAC 50-60 Hz
- Operating Temperature 32°F to 113°F (O°C to 45°C)
- Storage Temperature -4°F to 140°F (-2O°C to 60°C)
- Dimensions 11.5”H x 16.25”L x 14”W
- Frequency Range 20 Hz to 1 MHz
- Gain 23 - 53 dB in 1dB steps
- Sample Rate 10 Hz to 40 kHz
- Drive Voltage 0 - 20 Vpp, 0 - 60 Vpp I-Probe mode
- Coil Drive Amplifiers Up to 2 per probe connector
- Coil Input Amplifiers Up to 8 per probe connector
- Drive 0 - 20 Vpp
- Supported Probe Technology Array Probes, Bobbin Probes, MRPC
- Channel Capability 40 Continuous Mode, 512 Multiplex, 640 Super-Multiplex
- Maximum Sample Rate Continuous (Simultaneous Injection) Mode: 40,000 Hz, Super-Multiplexed and Multiplexed Modes: 20,000 Hz
- Analog Servo Control Lines ±0-10 VDC
- Solenoid Function Control Lines 24 VDC
- Auxiliary Differential Encoder Inputs Up to 2/Probe