Gazpack - Model Sulabead® 200 - Cluster Biomethane Upgrading Systems
The Sulaway® system is designed to upgrade large-scale amounts of Renewable Natural Gas (RNG). And for smaller capacities, Gazpack introduced the Sulabead® 200 system. The Sulabead® 200 system is based on a cluster principle, meaning that several smaller units are placed at various locations collecting the RNG onsite.
The Sulaway® system is designed to upgrade large-scale amounts of Renewable Natural Gas (RNG). And for smaller capacities, Gazpack introduced the Sulabead® 200 system.
The Sulabead® 200 system is based on a cluster principle, meaning that several smaller units are placed at various locations collecting the RNG onsite. Once the Sulabead® tower is saturated, the tower is collected and transported to a central location where a Sulaway® package is situated to allow the RNG to be processed further. (see diagram 1)
The Sulabead® 200 system consists of one water separator, one compressor/dryer set and two Sulabead® filter towers, all of which are stored in one compact storage system. All of the Sulabead® stations are equipped with a gas leak alarm.
- Step 1: The concept behind the Sulabead® 200 process is to be able to provide smaller, more compact and affordable Sulabead® units to individual locations, allowing their renewable natural gas (RNG) to be collected and partially processed.
- Step 2: Once the Sulabead® filter tower is fully saturated, it is transported to a central collection point.
- Step 3: At the central location point there’s one Sulaway® Package. Here the saturated towers are regenerated.
- Step 4: Once the towers are regenerated, they are transported back on site where the towers are then re-integrated back into the system.
So what are the benefits of using the Sulabead® 200 system? Simply put the benefits are as follows:
1. Low maintenance and operational costs (the Sulabead® 200 system is up to 15% cheaper than activated carbon)
No waste bi-products
2. This system has no waste by-products. All outgoing streams produced are completely re-usable or re-sellable! (Acid water can be collected and resold as a by-product of the process)
Improve 'green' image
3. Sulabead® 200 will improve your companies green image (With carbon you are left with a dirty adsorbent, which is unfriendly for the environment and unrecyclable. Sulabead® however, can be regenerated and is made of all natural and recyclable materials).
Standby safety purge system
A number of applications can be applied using our system, such as sludge from water treatment stations, organic waste, energy crops, landfill and much more. In short, anywhere where biogas is produced and stored, our system can be applied! The process of the Sulabead® and Sulaway® packages is environmentally friendly and sustainable! All outgoing products are reusable and energy consumption is low due to heat recovery.
During the development of the Sulaway® process, the basis was to make a system which would clean gas without producing any waste materials. Existing H2S removal processes all have waste products or high running costs due to continuous requirement of, for example, fresh water, filter replacements or activated carbon. The operational costs are relatively high as well, due to destruction or removal of the corrosive waste products. This is a difficult, time consuming and therefore expensive job. The production of biogas itself is already a sustainable process and an alternative energy source. The Sulaway® unit only adds to this sustainable process by providing usable output with no waste.
The best example of sustainability however can be found in the fact that reducing the natural gas usage and increase its green gas usage will give your company the opportunity to have a green image, a priceless but valuable appearance in today’s world. This statement is enforced by the benefits of the Gazpack system on both technology and environment.
1: Reduction of toxic exhaust gas particles: NOx CO and SO2
Clean biogas produced by the Sulaway® unit burns better than raw biogas, reducing the dangerous and toxic exhaust particles in the air.
2: Decrease of carbon dioxide (CO2) content
The gas purifier does not only remove Sulfur but is also capable of removing CO2 from the biogas reducing its carbon footprint.
3: Lethal Sulphur (H2S) converted into a usable product
Sulfur is an unusable product when mixed within the gas. When removed using other methods Sulfur is often bonded to a carrier. Carrier and Sulfur are often burnt by waste removal companies producing a high amount of toxic gas particles in the air. Gazpack removes the Sulfur and generates a high concentrated H2S gas stream to be used for different purposes. The carrier is regenerated to be used for the next cycle of cleaning gas.
4: Solid build
Gazpack installations are build according to the latest standard and industrial, safety and environmental requirements.
5: No more odor and gas leakages
The Sulaway® unit is completely enclosed, leak free and equipped with state of the art safety devices ensuring a safe working environment.
6: Sulabead100® is mechanically strong
Oxygen, Cyanide and other aggressive elements do not harm the Sulabead®.
7: Increased fertilizer quality ( for biogas only)
The ammonium removed from the air of the stables produced by the scrubber can be used as a fertilizer to significantly enhance the quality of manure.
- Impregnated Molecular sieve (Sulabead®) instead of active carbons, which means lower maintenance and transportation costs
- Production cost low due to the regeneration of Sulabead®
- Low carbon foot print due to absence of extremely polluting active carbon
- No water required nor wasted water to clean
- Drain water is used for production of Sulphuric acid (H2SO4)
- At high H2S concentrations the acid production will be profitable
- The complete process is liquid glycol cooled to obtain highest efficiency
- The heat from the chiller can be used for district heating and is higher than the electrical power consumed due to condensation heat of the drainwater
- Low power consumption
- Maintenance costs are low due to the long life to the adsorbent and compressor
- Due to intensive water removal upstream - no aggressive liquid acids: H2CO3 and H2SO3 - and water-cooled oil cooler, there is a long oil change interval
- The production costs are low due to absence of wastewater or coal
- For maintenance shut down CO2 is used as a safety gas instead of Nitrogen for two reasons: CO2 is ample available and keeps smoke gas free from Nitrogen impurities