Special solutions for demanding tasks The Thin Film Evaporator made of high quality materials provides the highest performance and allows even to separate sensitive products in small quantities. Depending on the manufacturing and product requirements, we develop for each of our clients tailor-made distillation modules. Their heartpiece – individually selected evaporators with perfectly matching rotor types.
The Right Type of Rotor for Every Task
We have a variety of different rotor and wiper blades. Through individual consultation we will find the perfect solution for your application.
- Individual selection and adaptation of the optimal rotor type
- High evaporation rates
- Short residence time of the product
- Gentle evaporation
- Good heat transfer even with highly viscous or heavily soiled media
- No additional lubrication required
- Reduced maintenance
- Shorter downtime and assembly times during maintenance / inspection
- No corrosion by using suitable materials
- Turbulent heat and mass transfer through the thin, constantly renewed film
The thin-film evaporator consists of a cylindrical, mechanically precisely machined heating surface with external heating and an internal rotor. The substance mixture is distributed over the circumference of the head by means of a rotating distributor system and flows downwards on an evaporator wall heated from the outside with steam or thermal oil. In this case, a uniform distribution and a liquid film is mechanically generated by means of wiper elements. Vortexes form highly turbulent heat transfer zones on the wiper blades, which, in addition to the good heat transfer achieved, also ensure a constant renewal of the product coming into contact with the heating surface. The result is a gentle evaporation process, which ensures product quality through the shortest possible contact with the heating surface and thus minimized temperature stress.
Our Thin Film Evaporators can be used both, for concentration and for purification of recyclables. Exactly tailored to your needs, the devices are particularly suitable for the following Performance areas:
- Concentrating of temperature-sensitive products
- Concentrating of viscous media
- Concentrating of structurally media
- Distilling off low boilers from recyclables
- Purification by distillation of products from valueboiling components
- Mass transfer through the thin, constantly renewed film
- Special applications such as e.g.: reboiler for rectification