Heatx - Model 2 - BTU Energy Meter
The NEW Cadillac HEATX-2 BTU Meter is the first single or dual measurement system, designed to measure the energy consumed in hot water heating and/or chilled water cooling systems while providing a graphical color TFT VGA display, onboard memory for archiving, a 10/100base T Ethernet port with a wide variety of communication protocols, and a USB connection. The system measures then calculates, displays, and stores energy consumption, which include Volume, Energy, Power, and Temperatures. Combined with Cadillac ’s superior flow meter technologies the HEATX provides the most accurate, repeatable, and maintenance free energy system available in the industry.
The Cadillac BTU Meter (HEATX-2) measures the temperature in the one or two separate feed and return lines via two precision matched RTD’s transmitters and from this calculates the weight density and enthalpy of the water. In addition, by also measuring the volume of water flowing in two separate lines, via the Cadillac® flow meter or any other meter technology providing a analog (4-20 ma) output, the HEATX-2 system will then compute, display, and output the Energy consumed.
The Cadillac HEATX-2 was designed with 50 MB of onboard flash memory for data archiving for redundancy, if connected to a BAS/BMS. Or stand alone for users without a building automation system. Once archived data may be transferred via Ethernet or USB and can be viewed on Energy Review archiving software provided with each HEATX-2 system.
Cadillac HEATX-2 Energy / BTU Meter - Applications
The Cadillac HEATX-2 single or dual BTU / Energy Meter is the meter of choice for energy applications. This BTU meter can be applied effectively for the following purposes:
- Energy / BTU consumption data source for energy management system, DCS, district-wide systems.
- Energy / BTU Customer Billing from accurately totalized Energy / BTU meter measurements.
- Basis for internal Energy / BTU cost distribution using campus-wide systems.
- Efficiency measuring and monitoring from central control rooms.
- Direct Energy / BTU meter measurements at both Boiler and point of use locations.
The Cadillac HEATX-2 BTU Meter is the meter of choice for energy applications. This meter may compute any one or combination of two of the following features:
- Heating Mode: Where Positive ΔT's only are totalized.
- Cooling Mode: Where Negative ΔT's only are totalized.
- Heating/Cooling Mode: Where the flow of energy may be for either heating or cooling. In this mode the energy total is increased regardless of whether the ΔT is positive or negative.
- Charge/Discharge Mode: Where two separate registers totalize positive and negative totals.
The Cadillac® HEATX-2 BTU Meter measures the temperature in one or two feed and return lines via precision matched RTD's and from this calculates the density and enthalpy of the water. In addition, by also measuring the volume of water flowing in the system via one or two Cadillac® flow meters (or any volumetric flow meter with a analog output), the HEATX-2 BTU meter will then compute, display, archive, and output the Energy consumed.
Power is Calculated:
- P = V x p x (htv-htr)
- P = Power (BTU/Hr)
- V = Volumetric flow Rate (Gal/Hr)
- p = Density
- htv = Specific enthalpy at Feed temperature (Btu/Lb)
- htr = Specific enthalpy at Return temperature (Btu/Lb)