J.U.M. - Model HB-SC-50 - Hydrogen Fuel Gas Storage Sytem
The HB-SC-50 liter Hydrogen Fuel Cartridge is designed to be used as a standard hydrogen fuel gas storage for our portable FID based instrument and to act as a back up hydrogen source at room temperature. This hydrogen storage system is based on the latest achievements in solid metal hydride technology of AB5-type alloys as well as on unique techniques of alloy loading. It allows to store and release the gas at ambient temperature and at designed pressure range from 1.0 up to 10.0 ATM with very high stability of gas flow: 95% of the stored gas can be released with designed maximum flow rate at constant temperature.
At present, this type of storage is considered as the safest one available: even gunshot tests with full hydrogen charged tank does not result in any combustible reaction, which clearly demonstrates the safety level of our product. Unlike high-pressure hydrogen storages, in our storage hydrogen is bonded with the alloy chemically. It will take hours, before the system will fully release it if there is gas leakage cased by system damage. The system is able to pass thousands charge/discharge cycles without any essential changes in working technical characteristics, while exploited properly. HB-SC-50 liter system is capable also to provide high purity hydrogen (over 99.9999%) while for charging only 99.99% purity hydrogen is required. It makes HB-SC-50 cartridge an ideal pure hydrogen source for ALL of our FID based hydrocarbon analyzers.
The HB-SC-50 cartridges are a standard feature in our OVF-3000 analyzer. For our 3-200, 3-800 and 3-900 analyzers, the HB-SC-50 is a clip on option. All our other analyzers can of course also be operated with the HB-SC-50 or with a bundle of 6 cartridges for increased up time.
- Hydrogen Storage Capacity 50 Liter
- Raw Hydrogen Purity 99.99 %
- Hydrogen Charge Pressure 2.0 - 3.0 ( 25°C ) MPa
- Charge Environmental Temperature 0 - 35 ( we recommend = 25°C )
- Hydrogen Discharge Pressure > 0.1, ? 0.7 ( 25°C ) MPa
- Hydrogen Discharge Purity ? 99.9999 %
- Hydrogen Discharge Flow Rate 90.2 ( 25°C ) L/min
- Environmental Temperature 5 - 60 °C
- Heat Exchange Method Air Convection / Water bath
- Valve Type SS-QC4-B-400IS Swagelok quick connector (with 1/4 inch or 1/8 inchj tube fitting)
- Canister Dimension 32 mm dia /200 mm long
- Total Weight < 650 g