Medora GridBee - Model GF5000PW - Floating Electric-Powered Potable Storage Tank Mixer
Power System: Continuous operation on single-phase AC power. Frame Construction: T316 stainless steel. Floatation: Foam-filled high-density polyethylene (HDPE) floats. Intake: 16' thermoplastic rubber intake hose with HDPE strainer. SCADA outputs. Wireless options are available. Disinfectant boosting capable. Certified to NSF/ANSI 61 and NSF/ANSI 372 standards. Excellent Medora warranty and more.
Certified to NSF/ANSI 61 & NSF/ANSI 372 standards.
Engineered For Potable Applications
All Medora potable tank mixing equipment are properly sized to your operation criteria including but not limited to tank volume (gallons), inflow rate (gallons / minute), and daily use rate (gallons / day).
- Technology Description: Floating, AC powered, circulation equipment for potable water tanks and reservoirs. Continuous operation on singe-phase AC power.
- Machine Size/Weight: Assembled machine is 16 feet (5m) in diameter and weighs 850 pounds (380kg). Shipping crate is 87' (2.2m) wide X 87' (2.2m) long X 65' (1.7m) high, approximately 1500 pounds (680 kg). Machine can be installed through a 3 feet by 3 feet (92cm x 92cm) opening.
- Materials of Construction NSF/ANSI Standard 61: 316 stainless steel construction. Foam-filled high-density polyethylene (HDPE) floats. Thermoplastic rubber intake hose. The GF5000PW Unit is NSF/ANSI Standard 61 Certified.
- Drive System : High torque, direct drive (no gearbox), low voltage brushless D.C. motor.
- Power System : Requires single-phase 85-264VAC / 47-63 Hz / 15 Amp Service, Not supplied by Medora Corp.
- Wiring/Controls : Corrosion-resistant industrial cord with molded watertight indexed connectors. Low voltage in reservoir. Includes power box which converts single-phase AC voltage to low voltage DC power. [Electrical power source cable, switches, breakers, emergency stop buttons, or other controls required to be installed in accordance to all NEC, State, and local regulations, Not supplied by Medora Corp.
- Rotating Assembly : Removable assembly with easy access to motor and power box. Impeller handles 4-inch (10 cm) spherical solids. Oil-filled (food grade) teflon freeze sleeve with o-rings, shaft. Rotational indicator on shaft.
- Flotation System: Three floats in triangular pattern each with an adjustable float arm for proper vertical positioning, total float buoyancy of 1,200 pounds (550kg)
- Fluid Intake Assembly : Hose system bolted to bottom of structural assembly.
- Hose System : 20 to 60 feet (8 to 18 meter) available in 16 inch (40 cm) diameter X 20 feet (6 m) sections.
- Intake Type : Inverted bell shape strainer with 4-inch (10cm) holes.
- Intake Depth Adjustment : Can vary from 0 to 60 feet (0 to 18 m). No depth adjustment necessary for fluctuations in water level. Weight and flotation of the ‘J’ bend of hose keeps intake above sludge or bottom of pond at all operating depths. Strainer can be chained up higher if desired
- Intake Depth Adjustment : Self-adjusting for all depths up to 40 feet (12.2m). Field adjustment with three SS chains
- connected to hose flange(s).
- Chlorine Boosting : Chlorine boost hose, accessible at top of reservoir spans down and connects to intake for fast chlorine dispersion during in-reservoir boosting.
- Minimum Operating Depth : At depths below 5 feet (1.5m), the impeller will be out of the water and the machine will stop circulating water. No damage to machine if ran dry in shallow water.
- Accessories Available : (1) Portable Chlorine Boost System,
- Life/Maintenance/Warranty : Expect 25-year life, minimal maintenance. Limited 2-year parts and labor warranty. 10 year motor warranty.