Model C Series - Capacitive Charging, DC-to-DC Power Supplies
Advanced Energy’s UltraVolt C series of regulated DC-to-DC supplies are designed for capacitor charging applications that demand fast charging rates with limited voltage overshoot.
- Maximum Output Voltage/Power: 6 kV DC/30 W
- Type: Single output
- Ripple: To 167 ppm
- Control Interface: Analog
- Temperature Coefficient: To 25 ppm/⁰C
The UltraVolt C series includes seven models ranging from 125 to 6,000 VDC of maximum high voltage power. They C series models are available in single-output positive or negative polarities. From a 24 VDC input, access up to 30 W of fast-rise charging power with less than 1% overshoot. Choose from PCB or chassis mounts and select mechanical and electrical performance options to meet your specific application needs.
Advanced Energy's UltraVolt C series is ideal for high-energy pulsers, amplifiers, and discharge devices with large capacitance, fast repetition rates, or high-current loads.
- Achieve higher system throughput with quick capacitor charging
- Minimize stress on storage capacitors, enhance system reliability and simplify product design
- Upgrade module and system performance without changing PCB or chassis layout
- Responsive and adaptable control of high voltage capacitor charging processes
- Expand mechanical integration, external RF protection, and interconnection possibilities
- Fast-rise charging power delivered from an optimized design
- Limited overshoot, typically less than 1% of high voltage setpoint, depending on the application
- Configurable high-voltage out, power and polarity in a common, compact footprint
- Full-range control and monitoring of high-voltage output and current
- Selection of electrical, shielding and mechanical integration options