MultiFlex - Model MTF-A - Screw Weighfeeder
From IBS Heavy Products
The MultiFlex MTF-A screw-weighfeeder is a complete feed system with extensive variants to fulfill requirements for different feed rates, bulk solids characteristics and application-specific ancillary conditions as specifically as possible.
The MultiFlex system is designed as speed-controlled screw-weighfeeder for continuous feeding of bulk solids. Material is by screws extracted directly from the weighbin. The activator in the bin ensures the even empting and distribution of material to the two feeding screws.
- Wide performance spectrum, for material with bulk density between 0.05 – 0.7 t/m³ (3-44 lbs/ft³) can take hoppers of up to 6m³ (212ft³)
- Completely closed system, environmentally friendly
- Fire-resistant when flammable mixture is fed into furnace, prevents its further propagation
- Shortest possible delivery times thanks to the modular construction and prefabricated
- Suitable for feeding into the rotary feeder of pneumatic transport, flange to placing of a
- filter or pressure compensation.
- Mechatronics design with dependable, tried and tested compact drives
- Large power reserves for dependable operation even under difficult operating conditions
- Maintenance-friendly design
- Delivered with screw-weighfeeder mounted in a frame – easy installation
- All purchased components (drives, bearings, switches,…) from leading manufacturers
The MultiFlex weighfeeder is used for accurate weighing and feeding of bulk solid secondary fuels used mainly as a fuel for heating of cement or lime producing kilns as well as boilers at power plants or combined heat and power plants.
The material processed include all kinds of alternative fuels typically:
- shredded plastics,
- rubber (tire chips)
- wood (chips, pellets)
- straw agricultural waste
- Sludge and granulates
- WWTP sludge
- coal sludge
- animal meal
- Any mixtures of above listed
The MuttiFlex weigtfeeder is designed for continual feeding of bulk solids. In principle, the weighfeeder consists of a hopper and a screw trough. The bulk material is extracted by the screw trough out of the hopper and conveyed towards the discharge with a feed rate controlled via variable frequency drive of the screws. The screw trough is fitted with two screws or center less helixes or with just one 1000 mm helix at the largest machine. The hopper is equipped with an agitator ensuring smooth emptying of the hopper and optimal filling of the screw trough. Continuous filling of the screws allows steady feeding of the material controlled by speed of the screws via frequency convertors. High accuracy of material feeding is ensured by use of compact load cells transmitting the measured loads directly to weighing electronics.
- Self-supporting frame with high stiffness ensuring high weighing accuracy
- Screw trough with twin screws ensuring very steady material flow
- Screw trough with single helix ensuring high feed rate up to 300 m3/h
- Screws used for non-coherent materials (granulates, sludge, pellets)
- Shaft less helixes used for all other materials (light weigh, lumpy, stringy)
- Multiple protection against overfeeding in screw trough and hopper
- Balancing hopper up to 25 m3 equipped with agitator system optimized for alternative fuels
- High accuracy compact load cells fitted on the rough and the hopper
- All cablings wired to a junction box or to on-frame mounted weighing electronics.