GIG Karasek - Short Path Evaporator
Powerpackage for universal fields of application; The GIG Karasek Short Path Evaporator offers a particularly wide range of services in spare evaporation technology for delicate fabrics. The spectrum of special apparatus reaches from high evaporation to fine vacuum distillation at pressures up to 0.001 mbar. It is based on the same powerful principle as that of the Thin Film Evaporator. The subtle difference lies in the built-in capacitor of Short Path Evaporator, which leads to an even shorter and more gentle evaporation process and greatly minimizes the path of the vapors to the condenser.
Short path evaporators are mainly used for distilling low viscosity products at low process pressures (0.001 – 1 mbara):
- Separation of extracts
- Obtaining fatty acids, derivatives or semi-volatile flavorings and flavorings
- Distilling vitamins
- Low pressure loss despite high evaporation rate
- Gentle evaporation and therefore suitable for the distillative purification of many substances that would not be conventionally separated by thermal processes
- High boilers do not reach the condenser thanks to efficient mist eliminators
- By special installations it is possible to deduct different distillate fractions and thus obtain different product qualities
The short-path evaporator works on the same high-performance principle as the thin-film evaporator. The difference is that it has an integrated capacitor. As a result, the path of the vapors to the condenser is extremely short.