Biogas Consulting & Support (BCS) Services
Even though OWS developed several anaerobic digestion processes on its own, the expertise of BCS covers all possible anaerobic digestion processes available worldwide. As a separate department, BCS offers a unique combination of both biological and mechanical/technical knowledge, allowing independent advice and guidance at each level of anaerobic digestion.
The BCS team has more than 25 years of experience in:
- Analyses & lab-scale digestion tests (capacity: 150+ reactors)
- Process control & optimization
- Electromechanical support
- Financial & process technical advice
OWS provides testing and consulting on two levels. On a first level the feasibility of the AD process for substrates can be evaluated. These tests cover the whole process chain from pretreatment over anaerobic digestion to post-treatment. These tests will provide all necessary information to elaborate a full-scale project.
On a second level OWS provides continuous assistance for full-scale plants (all types of AD technologies):
- Start-up of anaerobic digestion plants
- Revamping of unstable anaerobic digestion plants
- Maintaining a stable anaerobic digestion process
- Increasing performance of anaerobic digestion plants (increased loading rate and biogas yield)
In the US, OWS Inc. also assists clients in determining available incentives for their projects (grants, loans, tax credits, renewable energy and environmental credits) and then provides the services necessary to secure them, technical and economic feasibility studies, grant writing, grant administration, loan documentation preparation, power purchase agreement negotiation and administration, and negotiation of renewable energy and environmental credit contracts.