Argus Consulting Services offers tailor-made research to clients seeking the highest quality data, analysis, insight and commentary on international energy, petrochemical, fertilizer and metals markets. The team offers a wealth of knowledge and experience, having undertaken research for a wide range of clients, including many of the biggest names in the energy, petrochemical and fertilizer industries.
We have worked with governments, national oil and energy companies, multinationals, trading firms, upstream, midstream and downstream independents, producers, buyers and investors, as well as organisations in the finance and professional services sectors.
The service focuses on Argus’ key strengths — market expertise, global networks and proprietary industry data — in order to deliver real client value. The products we cover include:
- Crude oil
- Oil products
- Natural gas
In order to meet the needs of such a diverse array of clients, we offer an extensive selection of services:
- Market studies — In-depth assessments, providing detail on aspects such as structure, supply/demand, outlook, key participants, infrastructure and regulation.
- Strategic planning — Supporting organisations to assess options for entry, exit, further investment or changes in focus.
- Supply, demand and pricing analysis — Analysis of market fundamentals and/or pricing, assisting clients to evaluate how and where they might operate or to assess the positions of their competitors.
- Market supply strategy — Appraisal of a company’s ability to supply commodities, obtain market supplies and the costs of doing so (including transportation and freight costs).
- Forecasts and outlooks — Short, medium and long-term forecasts and outlooks for supply and demand, trade, costs and prices.
- Project feasibility — Pre-feasibility and market feasibility studies to evaluate and analyse project potential.
- Valuation models — Including new projects, mergers and acquisitions as well as evaluations of existing assets. All outcomes are tested using high-level sensitivity and scenario analysis.
- Presentations — Argus’ consultants and analysts deliver presentations and run client seminars on relevant topics.