Hydrothermal exploration — Describe geothermal field with multiple & independent measurements. Lake mapping — Map with sonar & seismic surveys, locate seismic events; sample chemical, biological & physical materials. Fracture analyses — Map fluid pathways for well placement, fragmentation.
- Reservoir rock fabric — Log & core analyses to relate rock fabrics to reservoir properties
- Hot dry rock — Predict temperature profiles for well placement, thermal conductivity, radiogenic heat generation & hydraulic fracturing
- Stratigraphic evaluation — Determine the most productive formations
- High-temperature well logging — microscanning, gamma-ray spectroscopy & magnetic resonance
- Water & steam chemistry — Sample & analyze