Energy Deregulation Services
Energy deregulation has been around for more than two decades in certain states and is designed to ensure consumers have access to adequate and competitively-priced energy supplies. While your local utility is still responsible for maintaining the wires, pipes and infrastructure that make up the distribution system, reading your meter, and responding to emergencies, the utility no longer holds a monopoly on the energy service. Energy Deregulation provides customers with the ability to choose from multiple competitive retailers that offer various service plans at competing prices .
An energy supplier is a company that acquires its electricity, renewable energy, and/or natural gas supplies from the wholesale market and sells it directly to homes and business. Wholesale energy supply sources include many of the same sources that the utility will use, such as electricity generators and the open market. An energy supplier is not your local utility.
The utility still operate the local distribution wires and pipes which carry electricity and natural gas through its territory and to homes or businesses. An energy supplier simply purchases and supplies energy, which is then delivered to your home by your local utility.
- Once enrolled with an energy supplier, customers will continue to receive their bill directly from the utility. Energy supply charges will appear along with the utility service and delivery charges just as they did prior to changing.
Inteleco Group’s certified energy consultants & procurement specialists will analyze your operations as well as your historical energy usage & negotiate rate & term contracts to guaranty the best options for your organization, providing your business with the ease & flexibility to develop a powerful & competitive energy strategy going forward.
Inteleco offers services that can help you:
- Involve multiple suppliers to compete for your energy business
- Seamlessly transition from your supplier to new providers
- Realize cost savings through highly competitive pricing and terms
- Gain protection from rising costs
- Manage contracts, transaction data, & complex regulatory requirements
Once you provide us with your most recent utility statement, we will review your historical usage, allowing us to determine the most cost effective way for you to purchase energy and manage your power & natural consumption.
After analyzing the historical information, we begin negotiating in deregulated markets, allowing us to procure rate & term options that will be the most effective for your business.
Once we have a set rate & term options, we meet with you to present a comparison of cost versus future cost, allowing you to make an informed decision.
Why Choosing a Supplier Can Benefit You & Your Business
Although your local utility can supply your power through their “utility default service” plan, you may be able to obtain better rates, terms, and services by choosing a competitive supplier, instead of taking supply service from the utility.
- Suppliers have flexibility to make purchases in the wholesale markets when favorable market conditions exist and can then pass that savings on to customers.
- Utilities are limited as to how and when they can make purchases and therefore can offer very limited choices to customers for supply service.
- Utility service rates are set for a period of time but then may change without notice once anew tariff passed.