Having considered the fundamental aspects of energy price and quantity, we will then focus on what systems should be installed to deliver the most cost effective energy savings for the site. The extent and complexity of our recommendations will depend on the efficiency of the site but we are likely to recommend a combination of measures that incorporate energy efficiency products and renewable microgeneration systems – for electricity, heat or both.
Energy Efficiency Products – these tend to be retrofit devices that help to deliver the same required output for less power or heat. They include: ◦Electricity – low energy lighting, voltage optimisation, solarcache and electric vehicle charging.
Heat – efficient radiators, radiant heating, thermodynamic, storage solution
- Solar PV (photoVoltaic) technology converts daylight into electricity for use in buildings or exported into the Grid. Our experienced, in-house solar teams design and install Solar PV systems for a wide range of commercial and domestic customers .
- We install only proven, high efficiency, branded solar panels and inverters with a performance output that will maximise the 20-year investment returns of the Feed-in Tariff.
- An real opportunity to tackle the issue of rising fuel costs.
- Browse to our Solar PV page.
Solar PV Maximiser
The 'PV energy use maximiser'
- Uses your excess energy to heat your water
- Works with any PV panels or wind turbine.
- Diverts only the surplus energy & no more.
Benefits of voltage optimisation:
- Savings of up to 20% can be made on some forms of lighting and fixed speed motors that are not fully loaded
- More modest savings of about 12% could be made from fixed speed motors that are heavily loaded, some older domestic appliances and non-thermostatically controlled heating
- Smaller savings of about 4% can be made on modern consumer electronics and IT
- Quick payback – can payback for itself in less than 12 months
- Eligible for Finance
- Guaranteed savings
- Optional power factor correction and harmonic filtration modules if required to deliver further savings
- Improves the life expectancy of your electrical equipment, which cuts your ongoing maintenance and replacement costs