Stem works with leading utilities and grid service providers to harness our aggregated storage network as a cost-competitive, controllable and fast-acting capacity resources in a way that generates new value streams to utilities. Customer-sited storage is a powerful resource that delivers reliable services to the grid while helping customers shape their loads for the benefit of the grid.
Stem’s optimized network of energy storage devices and advanced metering gives grid operators real-time visibility at the grid edge and a fast-acting, immediately dispatchable capacity resource that can be applied at precise times, locations and amounts.
- Stem’s network solves system and local level capacity challenges by combining intelligent controls, monitoring and energy storage
- Solves ramping issues presented by high penetrations of renewables or in highly congested regions
- Using Stem’s advanced metering and monitoring, grid operators gain real-time and granular visibility at the grid edge
- Stem enables visibility into and control of Stem’s fleet of energy storage assets
- Stem’s software also provides grid edge intelligence, enabling smarter system planning and offering insights into customer behavior
- Energy consumers are increasingly demanding value-added services from their energy providers
- Give customers a way to participate in energy markets, support the grid, and serve local communities
- 8 out of 10 Stem customers agree: “I have a more positive attitude towards my utility provider now that I know it is helping to fund sustainable technologies like Stem’s.”