Maintenance Tips Services
Maintenance schedule - Homeowner products: Follow the hourly or calendar intervals, whichever occurs first. More frequent service will be required if working for prolonged periods under dusty, dry conditions, or when airborne debris is present or after extensive operation cutting tall, dry grass.
- After the very first five hours change the engine oil
- Adjust the autodrive clutch cable
- Check the oil level
- Remove grass debris from around the engine, exhaust/exhaust guard, air ways in the top cowl, underside of the deck housing and from the grassbag and check for signs of damage.
- Check the condition of guards and safety devices.
- Check condition of cutterblade.
- Change the engine oil if continuously operating under heavy load or high ambient temperature.
- Service the air cleaner.
- Lubricate wheels, pivot points and linkages and grease the inner control cables at point of entry and exit from their outer casing.
- Check the clutch cable adjustment.
- Sharpen the cutterblade.
- Change the engine oil.
- Clean the engine cooling system. Clean more often under dusty conditions or when airborne debris is present or after prolonged operation whilst cutting tall, dry grass.
- Replace the spark plug.
- Air Cleaner
- Fuel Cap
- Start Grip
- Oil fill/Dipstick
- Exhaust Guard
- Spark Plug / Lead
Should only be made by an authorised Briggs & Stratton dealer. Under no circumstances should the engine be adjusted to run at a speed in excess of that shown on the Declaration of Conformity.