Mock-up testing and validation of indoor climate before you build: Checking a system performance before installation will ensure it meets project specification and works on site first time. Mock-up or physical modelling is the key to effective building design, procurement, construction and operation. It is a professional process of constructing a full size representation of the proposed design for a specific part of a building interior. Physical mock-ups built in our laboratory or on-site: BSRIA experts can create a mock-up of any type of built environment to assess HVAC systems, and provide advice on design and installation, e.g. offices, dealer rooms, telecomm or IT areas, hospitals, isolation rooms and tailored applications.
- full simulation of outdoor conditions, solar heat gains
- internal loads, lighting, small power and people simulators
- room furnishing and office equipment
- fully working HVAC system
Our mock-ups enable customers and whole project teams to:
- witness performance testing and trial the design
- check performance for specific application
- select the right system for their project
- make crucial design decisions before a building is built.
Full and part scale mock-ups can be built for testing thermal comfort and systems under real operating conditions to:
- verify fitness for purpose
- optimise design performance
- assess HVAC, cooling and ventilation strategies
- compare products before purchase
- check installation methods before building on site