Nomination & Balancing Services
From Strategic Sourcing
While companies do their best to estimate demand for natural gas, it is nearly impossible to predict the exact quantity a given facility will consume. Pipelines and utilities require industrial companies to utilize nomination and balancing programs to manage gas flow and minimize operational imbalances. Summit Energy’s nomination and balancing service enables your company to control cost, avoid penalties, ensure gas supply and manage constraints.
- Consistent communication – Our energy professionals stay in close contact with your site and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to deal with any operational issues.
- Market knowledge – Balancing options and guidelines vary by pipeline and utility conditions change on a daily basis. Summit Energy’s access to real-time market data and online trading tools empowers your company to control natural gas commodity costs and ensure reliable supply.
- Robust reporting – Nomination and balancing affects both operational and financial departments. On the operational side, Summit Energy can provide daily ‘forecast-to-actual’ reports to improve your ability to control energy costs. On the financial side, Summit Energy simplifies processes by providing regular gas accrual reports directly to your accounting team.
- Forecast-supported buying strategies – Summit Energy ensures that your company’s strategy for natural gas purchasing takes into account future pricing outlooks. Our proprietary method for forecasting commodity prices enables effective energy risk management.
- Depth and expertise - Our broad experience and exposure in the supplier community makes us the ideal nomination and balancing partner, especially for companies with complicated circumstances like volatile consumption patterns, customer owned transport and access to multiple pipelines.