Orderly development of Coal mine industry; implementing high efficient Clean coal technology; Actively applying coal conversion technology as coal gasification and liquefaction to reduce air and environmental pollution as well as closing out unsafe operation and non-environmental small coal mines.
- Speeding up development of oil and natural gas industry; Increasing supply ability, Reinforcing the development of strategic oil reservation system.
- Speeding up the development with huge potential of clean renewable energy, and promoting multi-form of energy supply.
- Currently, the car per person ratio in China is about 10 cars/1000 persons. (developed country is about 500 cars/1000 persons) Starting with 2002, more families would buy cars for transportation and this trend will be keeping on.
- Because of shortage of oil resources, many developed countries would try to control and fight for oil resources. Their action might create a situation of high oil prices environment.
- Half amount of oil importation of China is coming from Middle East, and a fourth is coming from West Africa. Those areas are political unstable, it would directly affect the reliability of oil exportation to China.