EPSIM - Optimisation of Alternative Power System Software
Formulation, evaluation, comparison and optimisation of alternative power system expansion plans.
Most popular related searches
- Graphical User Interface (EPSIME) - MS Visual Basic, Version 6
- Load Dispatch Simulation & Economic Analysis (EPSIM) - MS FORTRAN Powerstation, Version 4. top
- Timothy Wyatt (1999 -) top
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, NT4, 2000 and XP. top
- Hardware protection device ('dongle'). top
Simulation Time Step
- Calendar month. top
- Full. top
Input Data Editing
- PWSC's TEXTEDIT or specified third party editor e.g. MS WORDPAD. top
- Specific/optional consideration of transmission lines and losses, multiple demand areas, component dependencies, maximum and minimum monthly plant outputs;
- Detailed modelling of Power Purchase Agreements and Transmission Carriage Tariffs in terms of (monthly) fixed, per MW and per GWh costs;
- Load dispatch simulations, component scheduling and economic analysis conducted on a monthly basis;
- Deterministic or probabilistic load dispatch simulation, with optional consideration of hydro plant, thermal plant and transmission line forced outages;
- Up to 5 hydrological conditions (hydro plant capacity and energy availabilities), and 8 load dispatch blocks (LP);
- Recognition of differential demand area unserved energy costs and supply benefits (including exports), and hydrological condition related preventive rationing;
- Explicit separation of investment and operating costs, supply benefits and penalties;
- Fully annotated input and detailed output files together with comprehensive graphical presentation facilities.
- 'Mimic Diagram' playback of system development and load dispatch results. top
Optimisation Methods Employed
- Load Dispatch Simulation/Optimisation : Integrated Load Duration Curve method [Jacoby] or Linear Programming (LP)
- Automated Expansion Plan Generation/Optimisation : Monte Carlo sampling or Complete Enumeration. top
Related PWSC Software
- MODESDB - MODES System Database for hydropower plant, thermal plant, transmission line and demand data.
- Hydro plant capabilities and/or time series derived operating costs can be obtained from SYSIM or AQUARIUS. top
Third Party Software Compatibility
- Load duration curve demand data formats compatible with WASP III and ASPLAN generation system expansion planning software. top
Systems Applied To
- Example hydro-thermal system with 5 hydro plants (1 existing), 6 thermal plants (1 import and 2 existing), 16 transmission lines (3 existing), 3 demand areas (1 export and 2 existing). top
- Integrated power system development planning. Economic evaluation of alternative IPP proposals. top
- Automatic generation of input data files from MODES Database. top
- Demonstration CD. (PWSC installation recommended). top
- Simulation program £POA. Optimisation module £POA. MODES Database £POA. top
Associated Consultancy Services
- Creation of client system database and input files, installation, model verification, user training and bespoke enhancements.
No reviews were found for EPSIM - Optimisation of Alternative Power System Software. Be the first to review!