Romax WIND - Wind Turbine Gearbox and Drivetrain Design Software
Our unique software, RomaxWIND, enables you to create and analyse drivetrain systems and gearboxes, and then accurately simulate their behaviour and performance to ensure you get the optimum final design.
RomaxWIND is used from the early stages of the detailed design phase and can model and analyse bearings, shafts, splines, gear meshes and housing simultaneously to create an all-in-one system model. Its flexible full-system model means that components can be designed with confidence to be low cost, lightweight, efficient and durable. In addition, RomaxWIND's proven noise and vibration analysis capability can eliminate almost all dynamic issues before hardware is created. When used alongside Dynamic FUSION, RomaxWIND provides an efficient, easy to use solution able to satisfy all of the dynamic requirements required for certification.
- Nine major wind energy manufacturers use Romax multi-megawatt designs
- 38 wind gearbox designs using Romax software have received certification from industry bodies within a four-year period
- RomaxWIND is the only engineering software awarded DNV GL certification for its gear and shaft calculation methods and reporting
- Full drivetrain and gearbox system modelling - including shafts, gears and bearings
- Mass & inertia of blades, generator etc can be included
- Considers effects of all press-fits and clearances
- Full 3D representation of the gearbox
- Any bearing arrangement can be modelled - RomaxWIND contains bearing catalogues from the major suppliers or can be customized with your own bearing definitions
- Fully non-linear bearing models including internal geometry & clearances
- Gears can be modelled either as a concept or detailed model, giving the user control over the level of detail
- Planetary gears and planet carriers can be defined in any configuration
- Gear material database included
Shaft and spline modelling
- Shafts and shaft assemblies can be defined in any configuration
- Splines can be defined to ISO 4156, DIN 5480 and ANSI B92.2M
- Shaft material database included
- Load cases can be defined on a case-by-case basis
Analysis and rating methods
- Gear analysis: can be rated to ISO6336-1996, DIN 3990:1987 and AGMA 2001-C95
- Bearing analysis: can be rated to ISO 281 rev 1 / 2, DIN ISO Supp 4
- Spline analysis: can be rated to DIN 5466 and the SAE Design Guide Standard
- Gears and bearings duty cycle life calculations using Miners rule analysis
- System deflection and forces predicted including thermal expansion
- Results visualised as a 2D or 3D view
- Calculation of component and system reliability, based on variability of load and material strength
- Gear mesh misalignment classification, gives component level contribution to the predicted misalignment
What It Dones
A virtual product development and analysis environment for the design and simulation of wind turbine gearboxes and drivetrains, RomaxWIND is a used by wind turbine gearbox manufacturers, wind turbine system providers and wind turbine owners/operators across the globe.
Designed to provide a unique understanding of component and system behaviour, it can reduce development timescales and costly hardware iterations through a Right First Time™ design approach.
RomaxWIND also works seamlessly with Romax CONCEPT, CAD FUSION and Dynamic FUSION software to support wind turbine driveline development from concept through to certification and production. It is used from the early stages of the detailed design phase and can model and analyze bearings, shafts, splines, gear meshes and housings simultaneously to create an all-in-one system model.
By combining the latest component rating standards with this flexible full-system model, components can be designed with confidence to be low cost, lightweight, efficient and durable. In addition RomaxWIND’s proven noise and vibration analysis capability can eliminate almost all dynamic issues before any hardware has been created. When used alongside Dynamic FUSION, RomaxWIND provides an efficient, easy to use solution able to satisfy all of the dynamic analysis requirements needed for DNV GL certification.
An area where RomaxWIND is continuously finding new customers is fault diagnosis and troubleshooting of existing designs, where highly detailed analysis methods are able to reproduce and rectify of real world issues.
RomaxWIND software enables you to:
- Dramatically reduce development time scales
- Reduce design time and number of iterations
- Early design and optimization of long lead items
- Speed up time to market/operations and increase product quality
- Reduce manufacturing costs
- Help minimize failures and warranty costs
Customers using RomaxWIND immediately benefit from the wealth and experience Romax provides as the world’s No. 1 independent gearbox and drivetrain simulation experts. Our goal is to allow all our customers to bring higher quality wind turbine products into production faster by gaining a unique understanding of the way the drivetrain behaves as a system.
RomaxWIND software reduces costly design iterations and provides an analysis workflow designed to ensure new and upgraded drivetrain designs are fit for purpose and easy to certify. Better insight gathered earlier in the development process means better-designed products and faster development
No reviews were found for Romax WIND - Wind Turbine Gearbox and Drivetrain Design Software. Be the first to review!