SIMBA#biogas - Version 4.2 - Biogas Plant Simulation Software
SIMBA#biogas is a powerful biogas plant simulation software, which offers all components needed for a sound analysis of wet digestion biogas plants. SIMBA#biogas was specifically developed for modeling and dynamic simulation of wet digestion biogas plants (e.g. for agricultural and solid waste).
The SIMBA#biogas process simulator includes explicit reactor models and a dynamic digestion model capable of handling multiple substrates. The biokinetic model is based on a modified version of the Anaerobic Digestion Model No. 1 (ADM1) of the International Water Association (IWA). The corresponding influent models are pre-configured for standard agricultural wastes but can easily be adapted to your specific substrates.
SIMBA#biogas allows the realization of a wide range of applications in engineering practice, research, and education. This includes design and optimization of biogas plant layouts and connected unit processes. The full process control library known from other SIMBA# packages is also available for SIMBA#biogas and enables the user to development tailored process control concepts.
SIMBA#biogasis an integrated modelling and simulation platform for agricultural biogas plants.
- Development of operational management and feeding strategies
- Analysis of bio-chemical processes, assessment of plant condition
Model Library “Biogas”
- Modules for typical process steps
- Mesophilic and thermophilic temperature ranges
- Mature anaerobic bio-chemical process model
- Gas systems (blowers, fans, valves, CHP)
- New: further improved collection of substrate models
- New: algebraic calculation of pH value, speed up of simulation time
- New: modules for combined heat and power generation and gas drying
- Enhanced Gujer Process Matrix Editor
- Feeding of any substrate mixtures
- Loss of mass due to degradation of organic substances
- Extensive evaluation functions, Sankey diagrams
- Powerful graphical scripting tools
- Script execution via WEB apps
- PLC code editor (IEC 61131 ST), extended Model Based Predictive Control (MBPC) Library
- Sequential control with Petri nets
- Web API for alternative user interfaces
- Extended home screen (videos, manuals), georeferenced representation of blocks
Support and Services
- Annual user meetings
- Simulation studies
- Development of control concepts
- Modelling workshops on request, courses for beginners, specialist courses for advanced users
- (scripting, sewer network, aeration systems)
- Flexible licensing options
- New: extended manuals, project support