Commercial Energy Audit Training Courses - Get Started
Get Started with the best Level 1 Commercial Energy Audit Training available today! You get the most comprehensive Level 1 Commercial Audit Training program available today. Includes training, audit templates, resources, business tools and more. Everything you need to start making money saving energy.
- Commercial Energy Audit Training
- Commercial Energy Auditor Certification
- Essential Audit Resources
- Marketing Training
- Business Start Up Resources
Your Level 1 Training is:
1) Accurate & Complete
We teach you what is important for your future.
We learn best when engaged and our training gets rave reviews.
We teach beyond theory, focusing on practical application.
We guarantee your energy audit training.
Designed for your success.
Denby Energy Level 1 Commerical Audit Training gives you the most comprehensive Level 1 program available, and paves the way for Level 2 Commercial Energy Audit Training.
Module 1: Introduction – Basics of Energy
1) Where energy comes from
2) How it gets to the business
3) AC vs DC power
Reducing watts by a few percentages can result in significant dollar savings for your clients.
Module 2: Building Envelope
1) How to understand heat transfer
2) How energy bills can tell you how to tight your building envelope is
3) All about insulation – the different types, uses and the R-Value.
Aluminum transfers heat at over 900 times the rate of wood. Reducing the thermal bridge in a building can save owners hundreds of dollars in heating and cooling costs.
Module 3: Lighting
1) The different types of lighting (CFLs, LEDs, tube fluorescents, HID, and more)
2) How to quantify exactly how much it costs to run a lamp
3) How to signicantly lower energy bills.
Lighting can account for almost 60% of energy use of some facilities. With simple lighting changes you can potentially save business owners 10% or more a year!
Module 4: Energy Bills
1) How to read electricand gas bills
2) Why Demand Charges add large costs to the energy bill – and how to eliminate them
3) Various electric rate schedules that can save money
4) How to read a meter.
Reducing Demand Charges on a small facility can save them almost $150 a month, or $1,800 a year!
Module 5: Heating and Cooling
1) Fundamentals of heat
2) Different types of heat
3) Different types of cool
4) How to determine the conditioning units.
Increasing the SEER rating of an air conditioning system from 8 to 14 can reduce the operating cost from about $130 per ton of cooling, to about $74 per ton. For a savings of $56 per ton!
Module 6: Machines and Motors
1) How to calculate Watts, Volts, Amps
2) How to distinguish between nameplate and actual rating
3) Why effeciency ratings can save your client thousands of dollars a year.
4) Variable speed drives and why they are critical to energy efficiency.
Changing a motor from 24 hp to 15 hp can result in savings of over $3,400 a year.
Module 7: Economics of Energy
1) Saving energy does not always mean saving money
2) Simple payback method, Life-Cycle costs, Time Value of Money, compound interest, uniform
series cash flow
3) How to calculate the Return on Investment and determine Future Value of a project.
Motor A may cost $200 less than Motor B but when you do a Life-Cycle cost, Motor A actually costs $1,500 more than Motor B – a savings you can see!
Module 8: Basics of Contracts
1) What makes a contract a Contract
2) The Basics of reading/writing a contract
3) What constitutes a Breach and how it is determined.
You actually enter into contracts every day, learn what they are and how you can understand them.
Module 9: Making Money
1) How to make money doing energy audits
2) The Pro’s and Con’s of two major methods for charging for your services
3) Strategic negotiating points that will ensure you close the deal.
A $5,000 investment in the bank would increase $3,145 in 10 years. A $5,000 investment in energy efficiency could turn into $55,100 in 10 years! Educating your client is key to your success.
Module 10: Incorporating & Insurance
1) Which company structure is best for you, LLC, S Corp, Partnership
2) The advantages and disadvantages of each corporation structure
3) The basic types of insurance available and how they apply to energy auditing.
Get virtually the same protections as the Blue Chip companies for a fraction of the cost without the restrictive procedural requirements.
Module 11: Immersion Module
1) To turn a 20 minute lunch appointment into serious money in your pocket
2) To identify easy low hanging fruit that can make energy savings easy to do and very
If you do nothing but focus on “low-hanging-fruit”, you can make a great living saving energy. This example shows how you can save a restaurant over $1,000 a year by making some simple changes.