An Energy Management System (EnMS) provides a structured approach to energy management that businesses can adopt to manage their energy use effectively, with clear and distinct results on bottom-line savings.
The Standard, ISO 50001, Energy Management Systems (EnMS) – Requirements with guidance for use, focuses on the success of equipment, systems, processes and personnel that drive energy performance. The goal is to reduce energy consumption, carbon emissions and energy costs.
Energy Management Systems drive strategic advantage through sustainable business practices, but also promises substantial cost savings when implemented properly:
- Helps organisations better use existing energy-consuming assets
- Significant reductions in energy cost, GHG emissions and other environmental impacts, through the systematic management of energy
- Facilitate transparency and communication around energy resource management
- Establish the systems and processes necessary to improve energy performance, including energy efficiency, use, consumption and intensity
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement of energy use
- Drive non-capital energy improvements with increased workplace engagement
- Guides energy performance improvements and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
- Support transparency and awareness of energy resource management
- Helps businesses evaluate and prioritise implementation of new energy-efficient technologies and practices
- Enhance your company's reputation
- Integrate with other organisational management systems such as Environmental, OHS and Quality
Training on the ISO 50001 certification demonstrates that organisations have implemented sustainable energy management systems, established a baseline of energy use, and are committed to continually improving their overall energy performance.
Strategic implementation on energy management enables organisations to better control cost increases, consume energy efficiently, and maintain a competitive advantage in a rapidly-changing economy.
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 106919) and as one of the world's leading independent certifiers, SAI Global is ideally placed to provide you with the following quality assured training programs and qualifications in EnMS.
Ben Bowering has worked with ISO Management Systems since the mid 1990’s as a Quality Manager, Auditor, Technical Manager and Consultant.
Ben’s experience working with management systems includes roles at Qantas and the wine division of Foster’s (now Treasury Wine Estates) where he has held the positions of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Manager.
Ben worked with SAI Global for several years in a variety of strategic roles, including the development and introduction of new standards and audit programs including the ISO 14064 Greenhouse Gas Verification standard before launching his own consulting business.
Ben has been a key contributor in the introduction of ISO 50001 and other management system and risk management standards.
Ben is the Principle of Rulethirteen and works closely with organisations to identify efficiency strategies, including the management of resources including energy.