Anyone wishing to gain an appreciation of the operational aspects of a high voltage system.
By the end of this course you will:
- Have a knowledge of current safety legislation associated with the control and operation of the HV system
- Be aware, in general terms, of the safety and access requirements for high voltage substations
- Be aware of the requirements to produce switching schedules for the safe operation on HV systems
- Have operated HV switchgear in accordance with the appropriate safety rules and procedures
- Be aware of the requirements to complete a permit to work document
- Gain an awareness of switchgear designs and ratings.
- Current Safety legislation
- HV safety rules and operational procedures
- Safe systems of work
- Practical switching of the 11kV system
- Overview of safety documents